Open headphones and mics

Oldaccount1234123

Hello!

Quick question - how much does sound leakage affect mics with open back headphones? I was planning on getting a pair of either HD 598s or 558s and was wondering if the leakeage would be picked up by my desk mic (Behringer c1). A streamer I watch (https://www.twitch.tv/thevagabonds) seems to have no issues with his mic picking it up, so I was just wondering.

Thanks!

Depends on the microphone , IF the microphone is omni-directional , It will pick up any sound that it can but the omni directional tends to have better sound quality.

IF the microphone is uni-directional , Then your voice and only your voice can be herd. But i am not guaranteeing that your dank mix tape wont be picked up by the uni directional one.

(⌐■_■) 

5 minutes ago, Daanish said:

Hello!

Quick question - how much does sound leakage affect mics with open back headphones? I was planning on getting a pair of either HD 598s or 558s and was wondering if the leakeage would be picked up by my desk mic (Behringer c1). A streamer I watch (https://www.twitch.tv/thevagabonds) seems to have no issues with his mic picking it up, so I was just wondering.

Thanks!

Depends on the microphone , IF the microphone is omni-directional , It will pick up any sound that it can but the omni directional tends to have better sound quality.

IF the microphone is uni-directional , Then your voice and only your voice can be herd. But i am not guaranteeing that your dank mix tape wont be picked up by the uni directional one.

(⌐■_■) 

1 minute ago, Ridska said:

My mic has a cardoid pickup pattern, and is setup so  that it is half infront of me, and half next to my ear cup. I can probably move it though. I'd like to try open headphones, but dont want it to mess up my mic haha.

1 minute ago, Daanish said:

My mic has a cardoid pickup pattern, and is setup so  that it is half infront of me, and half next to my ear cup. I can probably move it though. I'd like to try open headphones, but dont want it to mess up my mic haha.

Mmmh.... How sensitive is your microphone ?

I mean i like dank mixtapes but drake eint having non of it ( just kidding , chill ( you too mod , i know your watching this ) ) 

But Sense you are going to spend 300 buck on headphones , Might as well get a semi ope/closed,It will leak sound but not as much as a full open one.

(⌐■_■) 

Just now, Ridska said:

Mmmh.... How sensitive is your microphone ?

I mean i like dank mixtapes but drake eint having non of it ( just kidding , chill ( you too mod , i know your watching this ) ) 

But Sense you are going to spend 300 buck on headphones , Might as well get a semi ope/closed,It will leak sound but not as much as a full open one.

What would you suggest for headphones?

Heres a random video of the mic 

It picks up me solving a rubiks cube from about 30 cms away. Would that be too sensitive you think?

4 minutes ago, Daanish said:

What would you suggest for headphones?

Heres a random video of the mic 

It picks up me solving a rubiks cube from about 30 cms away. Would that be too sensitive you think?

I would suggest the Fostex TR-90 ( The 80 ohm version ).

Hard to drive but if you can get around that , Then no probelms from there on out.

(⌐■_■)