GPU Fan replacement

Big Head Tech

So I picked up an R7-370 4GB GDDR5, a GTX 660 3GB, an I5-650 w/ board and I/O Shield and an Antec 450w PSU for $150.  He said the 660's fan doesn't work but it actually does work fine but the 370 is missing a fan blade (he did state that though), but overall a good deal.  But I cannot find the Twin Frozr V 100mm fan replacement for the 370.  Any recommendations?  Can I get a 92mm fan and replace say both?

1 minute ago, Snaeb said:

So I picked up an R7-370 4GB GDDR5, a GTX 660 3GB, an I5-650 w/ board and I/O Shield and an Antec 450w PSU for $150.  He said the 660's fan doesn't work but it actually does work fine but the 370 is missing a fan blade (he did state that though), but overall a good deal.  But I cannot find the Twin Frozr V 100mm fan replacement for the 370.  Any recommendations?  Can I get a 92mm fan and replace say both?

Who is 'he'? The male person who sold these items to you?

You have quite a few options here. You could get new coolers outright, you could look around to see if you could find compatible coolers for the card that others aren't using because they're watercooling for example, you could try to AIO liquid cool the cards with something like a Kraken G10, you could I believe try a fan or two that Arctic makes, I believe you can replace stock GPU fans with some of those, or you could do what I do and tape a case fan to the graphics card.

Sig under construction.

1 minute ago, Tedster said:

Who is 'he'? The male person who sold these items to you?

You have quite a few options here. You could get new coolers outright, you could look around to see if you could find compatible coolers for the card that others aren't using because they're watercooling for example, you could try to AIO liquid cool the cards with something like a Kraken G10, you could I believe try a fan or two that Arctic makes, I believe you can replace stock GPU fans with some of those, or you could do what I do and tape a case fan to the graphics card.

The guy I bought it from.  I am looking to replace it for less than $20.

you can ziptie a fan onto the cooler i guess and connect it to a motherboard fan header

and use software to control it according to gpu temps, though some motherboard may not support it

alternatively there might be coolers for your card from people who watercool their card (i doubt anyone would watercool a 370, but no harm trying)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

you can ziptie a fan onto the cooler i guess and connect it to a motherboard fan header

and use software to control it according to gpu temps, though some motherboard may not support it

alternatively there might be coolers for your card from people who watercool their card (i doubt anyone would watercool a 370, but no harm trying)

I am looking to replace the fans.  The largest fans I've found are 86MM but it takes 100MM fans.

11 minutes ago, Snaeb said:

I am looking to replace the fans.  The largest fans I've found are 86MM but it takes 100MM fans.

if its a reference cooler, you might have to mod it

if its an open air cooler, just strap the fan onto where the old fans are and you'll probably be fine

the r7 370 isnt that hot running anyway, though it depends on the cooler design

52 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

if its a reference cooler, you might have to mod it

if its an open air cooler, just strap the fan onto where the old fans are and you'll probably be fine

the r7 370 isnt that hot running anyway, though it depends on the cooler design

So I can remove the Twin Frozr Fans and put slightly smaller fans on it?

1 minute ago, Snaeb said:

So I can remove the Twin Frozr Fans and put slightly smaller fans on it?

if i were you, i wont even bother removing the fans, just strap the new fans on and call it a day if the temps are fine :D

7 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

if i were you, i wont even bother removing the fans, just strap the new fans on and call it a day if the temps are fine :D

I plan on using it in a build.  So it will need to look legit for sale.

I went onto MSI support and they gave me the fan part number and I found it on eBay.  I gotta say their response was quick.  First I asked if they sell the fan and they said no, but for $45+shipping they can replace the card.  Then they followed up saying if I wanted to void the warranty and replace the fan myself, here is the part number lol.  $12 shipped and I'm set.

• 1 month later...

What is the part number? I've got the same problem.