Upgrades For Old Dell

So I have this old dell desktop that origionally I got for really cheap from a friend and I basicaly restored this thing and upgraded it since I got it. I was wondering how I can upgrade this computer and the periferials that I have for this computer. The current setup of this computer is pretty decent and I'm able to run most lower to mid end games with the lower resolution monitor I have pretty decently like Minecraft, TF2, World of Warcraft, and World of Tanks just fine at medium to high settings depending on the game.

Heres the current config of the computer:

3.00 ghz Core 2 Duo

6gb DDR2 ram

PNY Nvidia Geforce GT 720

200gb 5400rpm hard drive

300watt AcBel power supply

Linksys 802.11g PCI wifi card with GIANT almost 15inch long antenna

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

1024x768 4:3 75hz Dell monitor that I got for free from a family friend

HP keyboard I found in my basement

Dell mouse that I found in the recycleing bin sitting on top of a bunch of paper in school

And also I have no speakers yet for the computer I mainly just use my headphones for now

Here's a few pics of the desktop so you guys can get a idea on what I have to wotk with.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

ye could upgrade the psu and possibly the monitor. otherwise it seems it is as good as it gets :)

what is you budget? you kinda need an overhaul, but you can start piece by piece

1 hour ago, Kickflapper said:

what is you budget? you kinda need an overhaul, but you can start piece by piece

I don't really have a budget right now I just wanted to get a idea on what I could get and save up the money for it if I was to have a budget though I wouldn't put more then $100-150 into this computer. And also I do have a big desktop for gaming with a core i5 and a 750ti, I mainly use the dell for web browsing and playing a short game every once in a while because its in a convenient location next to the living room and kitchen and when I want to really sit down for a couple hours and play games I just go in my room and use my gaming desktop.

1 hour ago, MagnusGrønstad said:

ye could upgrade the psu and possibly the monitor. otherwise it seems it is as good as it gets :)

The power supply that's currently in the machine is fine and it works so I don't find any reason to upgrade the power supply unless I'm going to put a power hungry GPU in there but since I use the Dell mainly for web browsing and a quick game every once in a while a larger monitor would be nice

1 hour ago, wunderhacker said:

I might slap a small SSD in there just to speed it up other then that not bad. 

Maybe something like a Samsung 850 Evo. Heres a link: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E250B-AM/dp/B00OAJ412U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1461243391&sr=8-3&keywords=850+evo

Running Linux might also speed it up! 

A SSD would be a great upgrade and I when I got it I ran Linux on it until I got a windows 7 professional key to be able to run a few of the software and games I play that are only compatible with windows and if I put a SSD in there it would just make it a lot faster to the point where the speed benefit of switching from Windows to Linux would be very little

4 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

The power supply that's currently in the machine is fine and it works so I don't find any reason to upgrade the power supply unless I'm going to put a power hungry GPU in there but since I use the Dell mainly for web browsing and a quick game every once in a while a larger monitor would be nice

I was thinking in the sense of it lasting a long while

3 minutes ago, MagnusGrønstad said:

I was thinking in the sense of it lasting a long while

Yah definitely a power supply replacement would make it last a lot longer and a 80+ efficiency one would help a lot but the current one works fine for now and since it works I don't feel the need to upgrade it. Maybe I'll upgrade it later on and I'm definitely going to upgrade it if I get a better GPU that requires external power.