Low budget Skylake pc

Hi everyone!

I'm planning to build my first computer and I don't have a huge budget (700€/800$)...

My questions are:

Is it a good idea buying an i3 skylake planning to buy an i7 in a pair of years?

Does skylake worth?

Does it worth buying a good mobo, so I could upgrade my rig without changing it?

For the mobo, just get the cheapest thing that has the features you need. Aesthetics and extra features should mostly be considered with higher budget rigs. If you can, get a skylake i5, they won't bottleneck GPUs for a long time(my 1st gen i7 is still holding a 290 perfectly well).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

with that budget you can just get an i5. the price increase from an i5 to i7 isnt worth the performance in most cases anyways. Also since you mentioned a budget in euros, can  you give location?

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

I have a i5 6400. It is plenty enough for not bottlenecking my gpu (gtx970) but even a 980ti will work with that cpu. I would not recommend getting an i3 since the i5 is not that much more expensive. and with that you need a socket 1151 anyway so if you would decide that an i7 is what you need you can easily upgrade.

19 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

For the mobo, just get the cheapest thing that has the features you need. Aesthetics and extra features should mostly be considered with higher budget rigs. If you can, get a skylake i5, they won't bottleneck GPUs for a long time(my 1st gen i7 is still holding a 290 perfectly well).

Ok, thank you! I'll look for a cheaper mobo

20 minutes ago, DrM said:

with that budget you can just get an i5. the price increase from an i5 to i7 isnt worth the performance in most cases anyways. Also since you mentioned a budget in euros, can  you give location?

Thank you! I'm from Italy :)

14 minutes ago, JPotze said:

I have a i5 6400. It is plenty enough for not bottlenecking my gpu (gtx970) but even a 980ti will work with that cpu. I would not recommend getting an i3 since the i5 is not that much more expensive. and with that you need a socket 1151 anyway so if you would decide that an i7 is what you need you can easily upgrade.

Is the i3 so bad?

5 minutes ago, Fofila said:

Is the i3 so bad?

it is not that an i3 is that bad. but it is an dual-core and i5 quad core. also, for the price difference i would not know any reason why you would want an i3

8 minutes ago, JPotze said:

it is not that an i3 is that bad. but it is an dual-core and i5 quad core. also, for the price difference i would not know any reason why you would want an i3

I don't want an i3, i was just curious :) thank you for the explanation