HDD Failure??

FuriousGamer
Go to solution Solved by Captain_WD,
12 hours ago, FuriousGamer said:

~snip~

Hi :)

What was the 1KB file that you removed? If it's a part of the OS, a system file or part of a program that works for displaying the internet pages, it may be the cause of that. 

If you want to check the health of your drive I would recommend running a diagnostic tool provided by the manufacturer and see if the drive passes the tests. Checking the raw values of the S.M.A.R.T. status is also a good idea. If you have trouble reading them feel free to post them here.

Are there any strange sounds coming from the drive? Do you keep backups of your data? This may be a good time to start if you don't.

Captain_WD.

So just today I went on Project Reality and I started noticing the horrible "rubber banding" effect and I decided to restart my game and before I did that I checked my internet speed on Ookla and im getting what im supposed to get. I attempted to delete a 1kb file and it took literally about a minute. I then thought maybe my harddrive was failing so I googled it and the webpages loaded slower than normal. So is this a sign of HDD failure or is it something else?

Reliable $550 Starter PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KGgpZL) *Just waiting for someone to need help with there ram so I can make a downloadmoreram.com joke*

5 minutes ago, FuriousGamer said:

I then thought maybe my harddrive was failing so I googled it and the webpages loaded slower than normal.

^ this is definitely not a sign of hdd dying, unless chrome launches slowly

page loading slowly is probably your internet

to check go download crystal disk info, it'll tell you all you need to know about your HDD health

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

6 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

^ this is definitely not a sign of hdd dying, unless chrome launches slowly

page loading slowly is probably your internet

to check go download crystal disk info, it'll tell you all you need to know about your HDD health

What thing do I download off the website??

Reliable $550 Starter PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KGgpZL) *Just waiting for someone to need help with there ram so I can make a downloadmoreram.com joke*

12 hours ago, FuriousGamer said:

~snip~

Hi :)

What was the 1KB file that you removed? If it's a part of the OS, a system file or part of a program that works for displaying the internet pages, it may be the cause of that. 

If you want to check the health of your drive I would recommend running a diagnostic tool provided by the manufacturer and see if the drive passes the tests. Checking the raw values of the S.M.A.R.T. status is also a good idea. If you have trouble reading them feel free to post them here.

Are there any strange sounds coming from the drive? Do you keep backups of your data? This may be a good time to start if you don't.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/