Upgrading my (old) pc gradually over the year worth it?

Ein0r

Greetings

I want to get a new gaming PC. My Budget i want to invest is about 900 USD (~800€).

I want to play the latest games in the next ~3 years on very high to ultra settings. After that, i am ok with medium settings and gradually less. I want to record games with fraps or dxtory and edit/render the videos with sony vegas.

At the moment my PC can barely play the latest games and if it can then only on medium-low, mostly very low settings. Recording games with dxtory is nearly impossible if i want to maintain a decent framerate. Be it Heroes of the Storm, , Overwatch, Rocket League or Thief. I can play those games with the afformentioned settings with about 30-45fps. Recording is, of course, impossible.

But here is the problem: I cant afford the whole PC yet and i dont want to pay in installments.

My options are:

1. Wait about half a year and buy the complete PC in november/december

2. Upgrade gradually over the whole year

3. Get a (very) good graphics card now, and buy the rest at the end of the year.

Personally i prefer the third option. The first one is probably the best and i will just have to be patient, as annoying as it is. And with the rest: I dont know what will change over the course of one year in terms of of new products (ddr3 or ddr4 ram, better/cheaper motherboards graphic cards or cpus etc.)

With the third option, and hopefully some suggestions of you guys, i could play the games on very good quality with good/very good fps. If this is possible with my current PC at all. But then again, i have no clue what to expect this year as mentioned before.

This is my current PC:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vyFsbv

I picked a cpu cooler to increase the watt usage since i dont know how much my actual cooler needs. I use the stock cooler that was delivered with my parts.

I dont know what power supply my pc uses. I know it is a BeQuiet power supply but i cant seem to find the wattage :$. I think it is 500W but i am not sure.

I dont have any real preference to ASUS, AMD or Radeon, Geforce or Intel so everything is fine.

The PCs i used as orientation are these two:

1. http://pcpartpicker.com/guide/FfRscf/800-usd-gaming-pc-april-2016-v22

2. http://pcpartpicker.com/guide/mDfrxr/simple-enough-skylake-gaming-build-hqe-updated

Here in the planning section are probably many good suggestions for builds that follow the wishes i have but i probably didnt dig far enough yet. ^^

just grab a better GPU

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

15 minutes ago, Ein0r said:

Greetings

I want to get a new gaming PC. My Budget i want to invest is about 900 USD (~800€).

I want to play the latest games in the next ~3 years on very high to ultra settings. After that, i am ok with medium settings and gradually less. I want to record games with fraps or dxtory and edit/render the videos with sony vegas.

At the moment my PC can barely play the latest games and if it can then only on medium-low, mostly very low settings. Recording games with dxtory is nearly impossible if i want to maintain a decent framerate. Be it Heroes of the Storm, , Overwatch, Rocket League or Thief. I can play those games with the afformentioned settings with about 30-45fps. Recording is, of course, impossible.

But here is the problem: I cant afford the whole PC yet and i dont want to pay in installments.

My options are:

1. Wait about half a year and buy the complete PC in november/december

2. Upgrade gradually over the whole year

3. Get a (very) good graphics card now, and buy the rest at the end of the year.

Personally i prefer the third option. The first one is probably the best and i will just have to be patient, as annoying as it is. And with the rest: I dont know what will change over the course of one year in terms of of new products (ddr3 or ddr4 ram, better/cheaper motherboards graphic cards or cpus etc.)

With the third option, and hopefully some suggestions of you guys, i could play the games on very good quality with good/very good fps. If this is possible with my current PC at all. But then again, i have no clue what to expect this year as mentioned before.

This is my current PC:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vyFsbv

I picked a cpu cooler to increase the watt usage since i dont know how much my actual cooler needs. I use the stock cooler that was delivered with my parts.

I dont know what power supply my pc uses. I know it is a BeQuiet power supply but i cant seem to find the wattage :$. I think it is 500W but i am not sure.

I dont have any real preference to ASUS, AMD or Radeon, Geforce or Intel so everything is fine.

The PCs i used as orientation are these two:

1. http://pcpartpicker.com/guide/FfRscf/800-usd-gaming-pc-april-2016-v22

2. http://pcpartpicker.com/guide/mDfrxr/simple-enough-skylake-gaming-build-hqe-updated

Here in the planning section are probably many good suggestions for builds that follow the wishes i have but i probably didnt dig far enough yet. ^^

My golden rule is always save up man. If you save up and buy a PC in 6-12months, you'll be getting the same parts you could buy now for a fraction of the price. This means in 6-12months, you'll be able to spend your money on better tech and more bang for your buck. Also you never ever know what will happen in that time.

Thanks for the answers and sorry for the late reply. As it stands i will wait for the new releases of the  gpu in some month. maybe the price will drop. If not, i can still wait for december.