Looking to Upgrade Computer Parts

CPL666K9
Budget & Location:  $4,500.00.   Back country of Idaho and yes that is in the ConUSA.
Aim:  Web browsing, Gaming (COD, Doom, Diablo 3, Fallout 4, The Division), minor graphics work
Monitors:  2560 x 1440 resolution.  Right now I will be using two monitors but in the near future I can see me getting a third monitor.
Peripherals:  I have them or have them listed to purchase.  One thing I would I like to get is a good gaming/stereo headset and mic.  I am hard of hearing and will require information reference this purchase.
Why are you upgrading?    I feel that my storage is limited. I might setup a RAID 1.  My video is not adequate.  I just feel it is time to upgrade.

I started out this build with wanting all the newest and best computer equipment I could order. 

I have $4,500.00 to put into a new system.  Those monies would include monitors, Keyboard and mouse.

I started reading (a lot) on this forum and I have come to the conclusion that maybe some of the parts I have now are still well suited enough with some tweaking to keep me playing games like Diablo 3 and some of the AAA FPS games.

What I have listed below is my current system I built 5 to 6 years ago.  It has and still serves me well.  I just recently replaced the old 2GB video card with the listed 4GB card.  My 4GB card will move to my wife's computer in an SLI.  I would like to start playing more video demanding games and I would like to play them on 1440 @ 144HZ.

At present this system is not overclocked but when I settle on the final parts I will be OCing the MB, video and maybe memory.
Second keyboard and extra parts will migrate to my wife's computer.  My wife will also see these items and may want the same setup, so that may limit my funds some.  LOL

As time goes by and newer components become available I will continue to update this system.

If I'm moving in the right direction let me know.  If I'm not moving in the right direction let me know.

PRESENT SYSTEM:
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ftwcZL
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ftwcZL/by_merchant/
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77 WS ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card
Case: Antec P280 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit)
Monitor: Asus VS278Q-P 27.0" Monitor
Monitor: Samsung S27E390H 60Hz 27.0" Monitor
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB FPS Wired Optical Mouse

WHAT I WILL BE ORDERING:
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PvYgdC
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PvYgdC/by_merchant/
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($114.99 @ B&H)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste  ($5.93 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($196.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Classified ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($649.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($799.00 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($799.00 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($119.95 @ B&H)

Corsair AX860i, 860 Watt (860W), Fully Modular Digital Power Supply, 80+ Platinum Certified
Headphones: Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Channel Headset  ($169.95 @ Amazon)
Total: $2855.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-20 16:17 EDT-0400

Thanks,

Tony

2 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

New PSU please from tiers 1 to 3 on this list:

Thanks for the information.  I read the techpowerup review of the AX860i and from what parts I could understand this seems to be a very good PSU.  It will be added to my list.  Thanks again.

4 hours ago, CPL666K9 said:

If you went with AMD you'd save enough money on the displays to get 3 1440p 144hz IPS free-sync displays

Also unless you OC the 980tis the Non X Furys actually keep up in performance while costing less

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2947547/components-graphics/amd-radeon-fury-crossfire-review-2-fast-2-furious.html

Case is just personal preference, getting a standard tower would let you get as long a PSU as you want, this one is smaller for a 1000W PSU

Also you should get a 1000W PSU regardless of what you do if you're going to run 2 GPUs.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KYDZ4D
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KYDZ4D/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($369.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Directron)
Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme4/3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($228.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($59.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Mushkin ECO3 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 Fury 4GB Triple Dissipation Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($499.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 Fury 4GB Triple Dissipation Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($499.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO ATX Desktop Case  ($89.42 @ Mac Mall)
Power Supply: Corsair 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($169.99 @ B&H)
Monitor: Acer XF270HU 144Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($549.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $3838.18
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-20 22:01 EDT-0400

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:03 PM, Streetguru said:

If you went with AMD you'd save enough money on the displays to get 3 1440p 144hz IPS free-sync displays

Also unless you OC the 980tis the Non X Furys actually keep up in performance while costing less

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2947547/components-graphics/amd-radeon-fury-crossfire-review-2-fast-2-furious.html

Case is just personal preference, getting a standard tower would let you get as long a PSU as you want, this one is smaller for a 1000W PSU

Also you should get a 1000W PSU regardless of what you do if you're going to run 2 GPUs.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KYDZ4D
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KYDZ4D/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($369.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Directron)
Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme4/3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($228.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($59.88 @ OutletPC)
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO ATX Desktop Case  ($89.42 @ Mac Mall)
Power Supply: Corsair 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($169.99 @ B&H)
Total: $3838.18
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-20 22:01 EDT-0400

Thanks for the information, but I'm wanting to hold off any full overhauls until after the new GPU and CPUs came out later this or next year.  I wanting to use what I have to learn from, ie overclocking, proper setups, custom water cooling.

11 minutes ago, CPL666K9 said:

Thanks for the information, but I'm wanting to hold off any full overhauls until after the new GPU and CPUs came out later this or next year.  I wanting to use what I have to learn from, ie overclocking, proper setups, custom water cooling.

Well you could go with 2 390s instead to start and then games would just need to be run at 720p*3 to attempt to saturate the displays at least.

But ya that works as well, maybe nvidia will start caring about freedom and support free-sync.

Far as doing a custom water cooling loop, you'd probably want like a Define R5 or S(silence), or given your budget maybe a caselabs case

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

23 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Far as doing a custom water cooling loop, you'd probably want like a Define R5 or S(silence), or given your budget maybe a caselabs case

I have looked at the Caselab cases a bit.  Leaning towards a cube style case of some type.  Right now I am leaning towards the Mercury S5 or S8.

13 minutes ago, CPL666K9 said:

I have looked at the Caselab cases a bit.  Leaning towards a cube style case of some type.  Right now I am leaning towards the Mercury S5 or S8.

HAF XB, not exactly the best for a water cooling loop, but it's pretty compact and highly functional, lots of people have made loops in it however. And it comes with 2 hot swap hard drive bays, the previous issues have been fixed in the newer models, I've used it to hot swap a few times though windows isn't really made for it, I need to restart for it to see the drives though I had it working before.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1329750/official-cooler-master-haf-xb-club/440

Spoiler

22 hours ago, Streetguru said:

HAF XB, not exactly the best for a water cooling loop, but it's pretty compact and highly functional, lots of people have made loops in it however. And it comes with 2 hot swap hard drive bays, the previous issues have been fixed in the newer models, I've used it to hot swap a few times though windows isn't really made for it, I need to restart for it to see the drives though I had it working before.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1329750/official-cooler-master-haf-xb-club/440

This is another one that I am reading up on and watching reviews on YouTube.  Thanks for your information  and time.