GPU struggle

Hello guys!

I am planning a PC build. Here is the current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DJMasHuo007/saved/#view=YLFzK8 

I am struggling with the gpu choice. My idea is that when Pascal and Polaris comes out, I will wait 2 weeks than i am going to buy a 980Ti just beacouse it will have dropped in price by then. Which 980ti do you recommend? IMO it will cost about 470-500usd without any special offers. Do you think this is a good idea? Keep in mind it is an ITX build. Thank you for all of the answers!

Have a nice day! :)

1 minute ago, DJMasHup007 said:

Do you think this is a good idea?

[guess]

Spoiler

the 1080 will outperform the 980ti, nvidia will probably do this so people would jump boats, and then release 1080ti a year later and people will jump boats again, and the 1080 card will probably be priced around the launch price of the 980, so it should be slightly lower than the 980ti current price, so i suggest getting the 1080 over the 980ti if it performs better, there's also DX12 performance of the maxwell card to consider when picking a gpu

[/guess]

EVGA coolers for nvidia cards are pretty decent, except the stock cooler

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

[guess]

Hide contents

the 1080 will outperform the 980ti, nvidia will probably do this so people would jump boats, and then release 1080ti a year later and people will jump boats again, and the 1080 card will probably be priced around the launch price of the 980, so it should be slightly lower than the 980ti current price, so i suggest getting the 1080 over the 980ti if it performs better, there's also DX12 performance of the maxwell card to consider when picking a gpu

[/guess]

EVGA coolers for nvidia cards are pretty decent, except the stock cooler

I agree with this. Don't get the old when the new is finally out, especially at the higher-end market.