Mini-ITX casual everything rig "Cybeast:Cygnet"

Hi there, although I'm new on the forum, I'm no stranger to computers. I've decided to build my first post-2010 rig for college (yes, i started out in the master race pretty young) which I plan to use for all kinds of stuff I might have to do, including 3D modelling and rendering etc. Apart from that, I'd like to enjoy some casual gaming from time to time. I've read the guidelines for this sub-forum and I'd like to say that though I live in India, I plan to build this rig when I come to my university in the US itself.

Budget: $900~950

A basic rundown of the specs I've decided upon-

-Intel Core i5 6500

-MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX

-Gskill Ripjaws V 16gb (2x 8gb) DDR4-2400

-Sapphire Radeon R9 380 2GB Compact ITX

-Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD, ADATA SP550 240GB SSD

The rest of the detailed particulars are here-

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Y3TJCJ

So what do you think?

Maybe I should get a 1TB HDD and get a cheap, good SSD? Plan to add an Adata SP550; Done

Is there any other motherboard with a better price-performance-features point?

Edit: I havent opted for an optical drive since the cabinet doesnt support one, might get an external drive.

12 minutes ago, raystriker98 said:

looks good. i would get an adata sp550.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

I can't give you a better option for motherboard since the msi is a pretty good choice! But definitely get a 1TB HHD and a SSD, it will increase you video editing pretty much!

And I would personally choose the GTX 960 (or 950) 

Hope some of this can help you

22 minutes ago, raystriker98 said:

Hi there, although I'm new on the forum, I'm no stranger to computers. I've decided to build my first post-2010 rig for college (yes, i started out in the master race pretty young) which I plan to use for all kinds of stuff I might have to do, including 3D modelling and rendering etc. Apart from that, I'd like to enjoy some casual gaming from time to time. I've read the guidelines for this sub-forum and I'd like to say that though I live in India, I plan to build this rig when I come to my university in the US itself.

Budget: $900~950

A basic rundown of the specs I've decided upon-

-Intel Core i5 6500

-MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX

-Gskill Ripjaws V 16gb (2x 8gb) DDR4-2400

-Sapphire Radeon R9 380 2GB Compact ITX

-Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

The rest of the detailed particulars are here-

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Y3TJCJ

So what do you think?

Maybe I should get a 1TB HDD and get a cheap, good SSD?

Is there any other motherboard with a better price-performance-features point?

Edit: I havent opted for an optical drive since the cabinet doesnt support one, might get an external drive.

I can't give you a better option for motherboard since the msi is a pretty good choice! But definitely get a 1TB HHD and a SSD, it will increase you video editing pretty much!

And I would personally choose the GTX 960 (or 950) 

Hope some of this can help you ! :-)

Maybe you would be better served by a hybrid drive, or just a 60gb ssd and a 1tb hdd, Gigabytes are over hyped. I myself have a 23 game steam library, bf4 games, and some (fair bit of) music. Used only 263gb