Noctua Fan Optimisation Help Needed~! (Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX)

I'm building a new pc, and I have pretty much decided that I would like to use the ENTHOO EVOLV ATX silver. I am going after a as near silent as possible pc. I assume that noctua would be the way to go for "silent" fans, but I am not 100% sure on this. I would like as much airflow as possible, with silence in mind. I will be rendering on this pc, so it needs to be able to stay cool for long periods of time. Cpu: 5930k(Nh-d15 cooler), Gpu: 980ti/pascal 1080, Psu: EVGA 850 P2 w/ eco mode

What fans should be bought for which spots in the case? There are three 120 mm in the front of the case(or two 140), and three in the top, with one 120mm in the rear exhaust.

As a secondary option with more airflow(opinions please!) The Corsair 750, possibly with the air front panel. Interested in this case, but hesitant because of the metal finish.

I have only bought the cpu and the ram at this point, so any pointers would be much appreciated! 

Edit: Any thoughts on the Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 ?

For equal airflow throughout the case using fans that are identical is optimal. Noctua NF-F12's are very good static pressure fans. They can be used for general purpose case fans but their really ideal for pushing or pulling air against resistance like a radiator or a air based CPU cooler. You can also plug the fans into motherboard headers (provided you have enough) and you can create custom fan curves so the system can be almost silent at idle and only get louder when your doing something intensive like video rendering. The system won't be silent under load especially once the fans ramp up but it shouldn't be intolerable if you adjust the fan curves properly or if temperatures are acceptable you can loosen the curve to achieve a quieter machine at the cost of slightly higher temperatures. You'll have to find a balance and that'll be a lot of trial and error, but in short the Noctua NF-F12's are a good choice. I have several of them in my main rig.

50 minutes ago, Mogragh said:

So then what are you going to use your PC for? And what's your display set up? Please tell me you don't plan to use a $600 GPu with a 1080p 60hz display.

Also what's your budget and country and what else were you planning on getting?

also going with an AMD GPU is going to save you money on a higher end display, if you don't already have a solid display set up, as far as gaming goes you could get a 390 with a 1080p 144hz Free-sync display and be set

You'll probably want like a Silencio Case or Define S for a silent PC as they're made for silence and have sound dampening foam, a window won't help you silence your PC much btw.

far as fans go just look at the DB of the fans you want, really just buy cheap fans and you'll be fine if you just want them to move some air. you'll have to generally sacrifice some cooling performance for silence.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

23 hours ago, Streetguru said:

So then what are you going to use your PC for? And what's your display set up? Please tell me you don't plan to use a $600 GPu with a 1080p 60hz display.

Also what's your budget and country and what else were you planning on getting?

also going with an AMD GPU is going to save you money on a higher end display, if you don't already have a solid display set up, as far as gaming goes you could get a 390 with a 1080p 144hz Free-sync display and be set

You'll probably want like a Silencio Case or Define S for a silent PC as they're made for silence and have sound dampening foam, a window won't help you silence your PC much btw.

far as fans go just look at the DB of the fans you want, really just buy cheap fans and you'll be fine if you just want them to move some air. you'll have to generally sacrifice some cooling performance for silence.

I am using my pc for VR, Gaming @ 1440x2560(at the moment, but will be going up to 4k/ or a 34"  ultrawide in the future) I need to go with nvidia due to rendering in blender, and the cuda performance.

My budget is $1500 USD, but I am getting a lot of parts for a fair bit cheaper (cpu will be $200, ram was $100) Very careful buying everything and trying to get the best deals. I am willing to spend more on parts if I have a good reason to. 

Custom watercooling sounds fun, but the price to performance seems really poor.

8 minutes ago, Mogragh said:

I am using my pc for VR, Gaming @ 1440x2560(at the moment, but will be going up to 4k/ or a 34"  ultrawide in the future) I need to go with nvidia

Is that 1600 US? how in the holy hell are you getting a 5930K for 200?

doesn't blender also have Open CL support? also a 390 would give you 8gbs of VRAM for it, and you're best off waiting for the new GPUs to throw all your money there for VR, as Maxwell cards don't get any real performance gains from DX12 and hopefully pascal fixes that

https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/OpenCL

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Just now, Streetguru said:

Is that 1600 US? how in the holy hell are you getting a 5930K for 200?

doesn't blender also have Open CL support? also a 390 would give you 8gbs of VRAM for it, and you're best off waiting for the new GPUs to throw all your money there for VR

https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/OpenCL

If you work in any retail store, you can get the intel cpus for really cheap on their summer and holiday sales. I will be waiting for the new pascal gpus, but I will be taking a look at AMD, mostly not familiar. I do really like the "side" features of the nvidia cards, like the software and streaming/recording. Plus, green is pretty, lol. 

Anyhow, are noctua fans worth going for?

Just now, Mogragh said:

Anyhow, are noctua fans worth going for?

AMD has those features as well with GDVR/their raptr software, but if you have a 5930K you'd get higher quality footage from using OBS over shadowplay and have more control over it.

far as the fans go they're kind of overpriced, maybe look at the venturi fans, they're 140mm fans that can be run as 120mm fans with adapters, they're probably of a much better value

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

AMD has those features as well with GDVR/their raptr software, but if you have a 5930K you'd get higher quality footage from using OBS over shadowplay and have more control over it.

far as the fans go they're kind of overpriced, maybe look at the venturi fans, they're 140mm fans that can be run as 120mm fans with adapters, they're probably of a much better value

Oh! Cool! Thanks for that, any other recommendations? Is spending more on the motherboard worth it? Sorry, lots of questions since you are here =)

3 minutes ago, Mogragh said:

Oh! Cool! Thanks for that, any other recommendations? Is spending more on the motherboard worth it? Sorry, lots of questions since you are here =)

Probably the sabertooth X99 board, tons of features at a pretty solid price, doubtful that you'll need more than 64gbs of RAM

Spoiler