Possible Pc Build - Double check

Hey guys, I'm new here, i just wanted to post my build that i am looking at buying and putting together, just want to make sure everything will be compatible. The Specs are:

MotherBoard: MSI X99A SLI Plus Motherboard

PSU: Cooler Master 650W V Series Semi-Modular 80+ Gold Power Supply

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB Solid state Drive - MZ-75E120BW

HDD: Seagate 4TB Internal 3.5" Surveillance Hard Drive

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2666MHz RAM, Black - CMK16GX4M2A2666C16

The graphics card i will not be updating yet, as i am waiting for Polaris and Pascal to be released/officially announced to see the impact they have on prices and stuff.

i will be using my AMD R9 270 but i am most likely switching back to Nvidia (that is if Pascal isn't a failure or if polaris is just clearly better) and will most likely upgrade to a GTX 980 (about $700) or if you guys think its really worth it GTX 980 Ti.

I will also be switching to a large 34inch widescreen curved monitor, which one, still not sure, am a bit off from actually getting a new monitor but i will be upgrading to a large curved monitor.

Btw i am Australian so things are a bit more expensive, the websites i'm using for these parts are:

http://www.centrecom.com.au/

https://www.pccasegear.com/ 

please give me your feed back and tell me if things are or are not compatible, thank you!

Budget: $3000

Edit 1: i will be using the setup for content creation, programming, game development and gaming, it will became my main work station.

21 minutes ago, Gohanivx said:

What's your budget? Also until an overclocked 980ti the AMD cards are all better choices, as they better support DX12 and can get pretty sizable performance gains from it. And you save hundreds on the display.

An ultra wide display won't be worth it, as a 4k display gives you more pixels for less money, or there are 1440p 144hz IPS displays that would be better for gaming.

the 144hz display

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-xf270hu

4K IPS both have free-sync, though for productivity you'd want a larger 4k display.  Both are also around $700

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/lg-monitor-27mu67

As for the ultra wides you'd save $300 with a free-sync display vs G-sync, and the ultra wides at $1300 minimum make no sense to buy

Free-sync $1299

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umcx1aa001

G-sync $1599 bit higher refresh rate

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umcx1aa002

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Polaris/Arctic Islands will be better. 

@Streetguru There are plenty of people to disagree with that notion that 21:9 isn't worth it.

I think for most cases it's pretty good.

OP never really said what their intention of this build was going to be, however because of X99 it can be implied that they might be doing some content creation. To which I say that 21:9 is the best for that, unless OP is working with content above 1080p or working with a lot of text that they have to zoom in on.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Polaris/Arctic Islands will be better. 

@Streetguru There are plenty of people to disagree with that notion that 21:9 isn't worth it.

I think for most cases it's pretty good.

OP never really said what their intention of this build was going to be, however because of X99 it can be implied that they might be doing some content creation. To which I say that 21:9 is the best for that, unless OP is working with content above 1080p or working with a lot of text that they have to zoom in on.

Except that you have more workspace with a 32"+ 4k display that makes something like video editing easier, especially with the extra vertical pixels.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Except that you have more workspace with a 32"+ 4k display that makes something like video editing easier, especially with the extra vertical pixels.

Some reason I thought you were implying the smaller 4K monitors and that I wasn't agreeing with that. Though yeah if OP is doing content creation (or even gaming) I suppose a 32" 4k display would be okay.

Personally I'm still reluctant on going to 1440p just because it still costs a little more to get those kinds of monitors and get GPUs that can play games at the resolution with high or ultra settings than it does for 1080p monitors and GPUs that can run games at that resolution.

3 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Some reason I thought you were implying the smaller 4K monitors and that I wasn't agreeing with that. Though yeah if OP is doing content creation (or even gaming) I suppose a 32" 4k display would be okay.

Personally I'm still reluctant on going to 1440p just because it still costs a little more to get those kinds of monitors and get GPUs that can play games at the resolution with high or ultra settings than it does for 1080p monitors and GPUs that can run games at that resolution.

1080p 144hz is where it's at for pure gaming, of course if you have the money the IPS 144hz 1440p displays are going to be better, you'd just run games at 720p to saturate the display, but then you get the superior colors from it

Aside from that dropping settings is always an option, not like it really matters how good a game looks.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Aside from that dropping settings is always an option, not like it really matters how good a game looks.

Lol sure it is.

Going OT here (sorry OP)...

I think I can justify spending more on an IPS 1440p 60Hz display and going for a more expensive (and more powerful) GPU. 

Maybe the 480X will be the 1440p sweet spot card that performs about where the 390 and 390X did and cost less than those cards currently cost.

19 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Lol sure it is.

Going OT here (sorry OP)...

I think I can justify spending more on an IPS 1440p 60Hz display and going for a more expensive (and more powerful) GPU. 

Maybe the 480X will be the 1440p sweet spot card that performs about where the 390 and 390X did and cost less than those cards currently cost.

alot of interesting things to consider so far, i will be doing content creation, programming and game development along with playing games, this will be my main work station (thats why im going 4T storage and probably more later on). On the topic of 4K monitors i honestly have not researched enough into them, the curved monitors appealed to me more as a friend who does similar work as me had one and let me work on his set up for about 2 hours and it was amazing. I may hold off from buying a curved widescreen til the end of the year and just see how far the technology advances.