New build needs help

BradH

Its about that time to upgrade my pc again and i need some help with it. I currently have a 3ish year old pc in a haf x case and i want to downsize a bit to a less massive case thats easier to move around. My plan is this so far http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/JX9WnQ im not sure what motherboard to get they all have good and bad reviews but was leaning more towards the asrock z170 fatal1ty or the msi z170i gaming pro ac i was originally going to get the evga stringer but heard so many bad things about it also already have a windows disc and a graphics card im going to use until new ones release also i already own the d15s so thats why its apart of the build. My budget is around $2000 Canadian give or take a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you :)

5 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Just get whatever motherboard looks best for you :P Also, unless you're going SLI, a 550-650W PSU is more than enough. 

so with that said is msi a good company to go with? and ill look into a 550 or 650w psu

1 minute ago, BradH said:

so with that said is msi a good company to go with? and ill look into a 550 or 650w psu

Yeah :P And please don't get a shitty PSU. Get one from XFX, Seasonic, Super flower, any from Antec's HCG and HCP range and any from the GS/GQ/G2/P2 lineups from EVGA. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Yeah :P And please don't get a shitty PSU. Get one from XFX, Seasonic, Super flower, any from Antec's HCG and HCP range and any from the GS/GQ/G2/P2 lineups from EVGA. 

not going to get a shitty one i was thinking of evga p2 lineup i know the horrors of bad psus i killed my last graphics card that way lol

1 minute ago, BradH said:

not going to get a shitty one i was thinking of evga p2 lineup i know the horrors of bad psus i killed my last graphics card that way lol

DX (You can save some money by going with the G2 lineup btw :P)

What graphics card did you kill?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

DX (You can save some money by going with the G2 lineup btw :P)

What graphics card did you kill?

it was just an asus 760 direct cu2 so i needed to upgrade anyways lol