Question for you all

Now i would put this in the Web design area, but i want normal peoples opinions who (preferably) are not programmers. 

Well i have been doing web development for years and decided its time for me to use those skills for others. So the whole idea of my web development project is create websites extremely cheaply with a variety of payment options depending on what suits you best. To increase the size of my portfolio. BTW i'm not here to advertise.

What i want all you lovely people to respond with is if you were looking for a website to be built, By a web developer, where would you go? I'm interested because i want to find some clients but i don't know where to start :)

~James

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

1 minute ago, AlexTheRose said:

I suggest you go on Freelancer, instead of here. You’ll find a lot more clientéle willing to shell out hundreds for websites – hell, that’s exactly what I’m doing! Go for it!

i went on freelancer and apply for people asking for websites have like 300 people with stupid rates like $1 and hour. Do you create a post saying that you are a web developer looking for work or what?

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

ya i agree with @AlexTheRose you need to go on a site that has less tech oriented people and is more specialized to hiring people for building websites. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

2 minutes ago, AlexTheRose said:

TMmlKMJ.gif

The best tip I can give to a Freelancer is, don’t write a stupid auto-bidding bot. Those things are effectively what’s ruining the site and every Pakistani and their pet apparently have one and use one. They prey on people who don’t know that they didn’t even read their project description and let the jobs roll in… or so they think.

However, the current job I’m doing I got specifically because I didn’t use an auto-bidding bot. The OP created the post and hid a code word in the middle of the description, and I was apparently the only one who saw it. Do it like that and you should be fine – this isn’t my first job, either so it must be working okay.

oh okay, do you bid in low or relativity high or what? love that gif :)

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

17 minutes ago, jameshumphries47 said:

Now i would put this in the Web design area, but i want normal peoples opinions who (preferably) are not programmers. 

Well i have been doing web development for years and decided its time for me to use those skills for others. So the whole idea of my web development project is create websites extremely cheaply with a variety of payment options depending on what suits you best. To increase the size of my portfolio. BTW i'm not here to advertise.

What i want all you lovely people to respond with is if you were looking for a website to be built, By a web developer, where would you go? I'm interested because i want to find some clients but i don't know where to start :)

~James

there are always people around you (for example in your street) that are willing to do this kind of stuff (like me but i'm in the netherlands and i have alot of school stuff) for a pretty reasonable fee, but just make sure they can actually deliver on what you want ;)

Just now, mikat said:

there are always people around you that are willing to do this kind of stuff (like me but i'm in the netherlands and i have alot of school stuff) for a pretty reasonable fee, but just make sure they can actually deliver on what you want ;)

i think you misread that, i want to make websites for people :)

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}