Most Flat Response

HeroXLazer

What are the most flat response headphones that are over ear and open back under 2.5K

2500$? are you sure you want to spend that much?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

11 minutes ago, HeroXLazer said:

What are the most flat response headphones that are over ear and open back under 2.5K

2500$? are you sure you want to spend that much?

You could start with something cheaper and see if you even like it.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

So..What currency..?

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Getting the "most flat response" is altogether the wrong way to go about getting a headphone. What's important is getting a sound signature and character that you like, combined with other elements such as soundstage, comfort, quality, and so on.

1 hour ago, Windspeed36 said:

If you're serious, watch this series from Dave Rat (Rat Sound)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJh8B1QfEn0

His measurement technique is problematic to say the least.

The thing is, without more information, we are all going to give you recommendations based off of the sound signatures that we like. What sound signature do YOU like? It's a lot of money to drop on a pair of headphones without singling out what you're after.

2 hours ago, HeroXLazer said:

k what about 2k or less and usd

What other headphones or audio gear to you have experience with? What is your goal here - is $2k+ a lot of money for you? Are you just trying to get "the best" and hoping that will be guaranteed by spending a lot?

1 minute ago, HeroXLazer said:

serious audio editing for a friend

Have your friend join the forum, so we can help them better?

9 hours ago, SSL said:

Getting the "most flat response" is altogether the wrong way to go about getting a headphone. What's important is getting a sound signature and character that you like, combined with other elements such as soundstage, comfort, quality, and so on.

His measurement technique is problematic to say the least.

It's not so much his measurement technique as his experience and comments about them.

I asked him and he told me that he also wants to test something and he only really cares only about how flat his headphone and he wants semi open or open and over ear and those are the requirements he has and I asked and he told me just he wants the options

1 hour ago, HeroXLazer said:

I asked him and he told me that he also wants to test something and he only really cares only about how flat his headphone and he wants semi open or open and over ear and those are the requirements he has and I asked and he told me just he wants the options

I think you should go back to your friend and tell him that maybe instead of blindly relying on our testimony about spending thousands of dollars on equipment he should probably get a professional to help him with his choice of equipment rather than random idiots on the Internet.

Or he can get on here and explain himself in his own words what he's looking for.  You acting as a proxy for him is not the solution, especially because your vague answers are not helping us find an inkling of what your friend wants.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh