AMD HYPE TRAIN

11 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Just make bloody intel release unlocked CPUs below the 200 dollar price range, that's all what I ask from you AMD. 

Pentium 20th anniversary was unlocked.

y[e]  |  I am king giraffe. Hail me.  |  I build computers as a hobby and sometimes resell them to make a profit. | Current rig's specs:

OS: Win10 Pro x64 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | MB: ASUS X570 Tuff | RAM: 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600mhz | Bootup: Adata 1tb NVME Gen4 | SSD: Intel SSD6 P600 1tb | HDDs: 16tb total | PSU: Seasonic 1200w 80+ Gold | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 | Case: Voodoo Omen R (yes, THAT Voodoo) | Screen: Acer XF270HU 1440p 144hz FreeSync | total spent: $too much | (lol empty space)

1 minute ago, gameboy3800 said:

To be fair, it was a one-off chip, as in it won't really happen again.

It's an overclocking toy and not much else, to put it bluntly.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

13 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Personally I dont care if its AMD, Intel, or Coca Cola, if somebody makes a good CPU and GPU I will buy it

Im not holding my breath for AMD (or intel for that matter) they have to prove their products are worth my money and time, I have no loyalty for any company

If Coca Cola made a CPU i'd buy it for novelty's sake.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

14 hours ago, gameboy3800 said:

i cannot wait for all the new AMD stuff coming out this year! it has been far too long since we got a good full set of AMD hardware. the last time we got a good full set of hardware was back in 2012 with the FX 8350 and 7970 ghz. i would love for my next workstation to be all amd once again. right now it has a 5820k and 2x 980 tis. the zen and polaris hardware look like they will both be a lot more efficient and powerful. are you as hyped as i am? what's your standing on an all AMD build becoming a viable high-end option once again? are you blue/green team?

*insert The AMD Fanboy Song by Tech Of Tomorrow*

I always go with AMD GPUs, then tend to be cheaper and have better performance....most of the time

I hope AMD matches Intel, because intel is getting back to their "consumer will buy what we make and like it" mindset. They are getting lazy on releasing features enthusiasts want in their chip sets.

8 hours ago, gameboy3800 said:

Well:

1- Intel kept screwing with which chipsets can overclock it

2- It's not a quad core, as per my next post.

3- More importunately:

8 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

To be fair, it was a one-off chip, as in it won't really happen again.

It's an overclocking toy and not much else, to put it bluntly.

Which is supported by the fact that there was no skylake overclockable pentium. I

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

17 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

Got it.

To be fair, people have reported AMD/Nvidia being marginally better than AMD/AMD due to less driver overhead.

What is driver overhead? Just general annoyance of multiple programs?

21 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

Got it.

To be fair, people have reported AMD/Nvidia being marginally better than AMD/AMD due to less driver overhead.

Yeah Digital foundry stated in a video, that AMD graphics cards required more CPU power to function than Nvidia's due to drivers. 

So basically for weak cpu's, Nvidia is good.

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

5 hours ago, Darkshruod said:

What is driver overhead? Just general annoyance of multiple programs?

From the way I think of it, kinda like translation speed.. For example, say you have someone who is only proficient in a certain foreign language, and is acting as a translator. The foreigner is speaking to the translator, and is conveying what the translator should translate. The translator, being proficient, can translate for the person with little to no issues. Now say you replace the proficient translator with someone who's new to it, they'll take more time to convey what the foreigner is saying, making them not as efficient.