Is this a good set up.

Go to solution Solved by Opsilon,

The APU will do you just fine, don't worry, but to be honest if you are buying an APU and a gpu most of the time that is not the best combo, i would rather buy a FX 6350 and a gpu than buy an APU, maybe wait until AMD releases the new "steamroller" APU-s and than buy, you might be very satisfied for a long time.

APU-s are cool and all that, but thie IPC is lacking and the number of cores does not help them as well, on stock APU performance can barely touch a last gen i3 with CPU power ONLY, the built in gpu makes more sense, but if you want a dedicated GPU, just go with the fx 6350 or if you can afford the 8350 and get a nice gpu like 7950/7970 on the red or 670/770 on the green team, get the cheapest you can afford they are all good

I am not sure what to do but is it okay to go with a a8-5600k apu with a gtx 760 for a graphics card?

What is your basis on saying apu sucks with a gpu, i am just wondering if there is going to be a bottle neck

What is your basis on saying apu sucks with a gpu, i am just wondering if there is going to be a bottle neck

Get an i3 or a pentium and that will work better with a GTX 760 than an APU

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

Get an i3 or a pentium and that will work better with a GTX 760 than an APU

An fx6300 would be a better choice than an i3 also going with a 7950 would be better also to the op we will be able to help a lot more if you give us a full budget and more info

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

There will be. The power of an A8 is redundant because with a discreet GPU the iGPU of the A8 chip is useless, which is it's main draw that it's able to put out not-horrible performance for integrated graphics. You're better off with a different chip, and the 7950 is cheaper than the 760 while still being competitive so you can spend that saved money on a better motherboard+CPU.

Error: 410

Yeah okay i see what you mean, but i want to beaf up my graphics card instead of my cpu, but i see what you mean by being redundant 

with gtx 760 , pair it up with a i5 or 6300fx (Y). If budget isnt a issue go i7.

Yeah okay i see what you mean, but i want to beaf up my graphics card instead of my cpu, but i see what you mean by being redundant 

Well, there are other CPUs that are much better than the APUs at around the same price. (Like the FX-6300)

My rig: Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 - Military Green | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V Pro | CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.4GHz | Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC | RAM: Corsair 16GB 1600MHz Vengeance | Sound Card: ASUS Xonar Essence STX | PSU: Corsair AX 750W SSD 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD 2: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB Cooler: Corsair H100 OS: Windows 10 Pro | Fans: Noctua NF-F12 PWM

Peripherals: Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 | Headset: Audio Technica ATH-AD700X | Microphone: Antlion ModMic 4.0 | Mouse mat: Steelseries QcK+ | Monitors: BenQ XL2411T + EIZO Foris FS2331

The APU will do you just fine, don't worry, but to be honest if you are buying an APU and a gpu most of the time that is not the best combo, i would rather buy a FX 6350 and a gpu than buy an APU, maybe wait until AMD releases the new "steamroller" APU-s and than buy, you might be very satisfied for a long time.

APU-s are cool and all that, but thie IPC is lacking and the number of cores does not help them as well, on stock APU performance can barely touch a last gen i3 with CPU power ONLY, the built in gpu makes more sense, but if you want a dedicated GPU, just go with the fx 6350 or if you can afford the 8350 and get a nice gpu like 7950/7970 on the red or 670/770 on the green team, get the cheapest you can afford they are all good

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

APUs are awesome, but not in this scenario. The only reason to get an APU is if you want a nice cheap office computer, where you can play occasionally mainstream games. 

If you want to nuy a dedicated graphics card I would definitely consider buying a FX 6300 a decent board and may be the GTX760/GTX770. The HD 7950 is also a great value - has 3GB VRAM and it comes with free games.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here