Does this build sound reasonable_

Hey.

I want to make a future proof build, as i will be going away for some time and wont be able to buy parts (Dunno what its called in english but its a kind of boarding school) .

This is the build thought of.

Asus Maximus Hero VIII

16gb HyperX ram

gigabyte G1 980ti

Erm what about the rest of the parts? Try using pcpartpicker.com to select them all.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

Erm what about the rest of the parts? Try using pcpartpicker.com to select them all.

I already have all the other things i need. Im guessing i worded it wrong, its more of an upgrade i guess.

Just now, kekerino said:

I already have all the other things i need. Im guessing i worded it wrong, its more of an upgrade i guess.

What do you have now?

Pascal laptops guide

3 minutes ago, kekerino said:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KtxpdC
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KtxpdC/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($348.98 @ NCIX US) 
CPU Cooler: Enermax Liqmax II 240 96.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($124.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($107.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($65.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Omega Edition Video Card  ($619.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: XFX XT 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($51.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1529.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-17 08:20 EDT-0400

if you can wait to july i would go for next gen. i would really go for a more reasonable motherboard 

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

What do you have now?

SPECS:

CPU: 8350 4,5GHZ  

RAM: 16gb HyperX

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 Motherboard: 990fx-D3

GPU: Gigabyte 970 1500MHZ

Boot SSD: Samsung Evo 120gb Storage

storage SSD: Samsung Evo 500gb

PSU Energon 750

Budget is basically unlimited.

please make a compleate list off all the parts, even what you have and a total budget

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

8 minutes ago, kekerino said:

Hey.

I want to make a future proof build, as i will be going away for some time and wont be able to buy parts (Dunno what its called in english but its a kind of boarding school) .

This is the build thought of.

Asus Maximus Hero VIII

16gb HyperX ram

gigabyte G1 980ti

If you only do gaming, go with the i5 6600K. If you do other stuff such as video editing/rendering etc go with X99

1 minute ago, Matias_Chambers said:

If you only do gaming, go with the i5 6600K. If you do other stuff such as video editing/rendering etc go with X99

As i said, i want to future proof it, and games are getting better and better at handling hyperthreading

Just now, kekerino said:

As i said, i want to future proof it, and games are getting better and better at handling hyperthreading

If you want to future proof it, go with the 5820K.

1 minute ago, Matias_Chambers said:

If you want to future proof it, go with the 5820K.

6700k has dem IPCs doe

6 minutes ago, kekerino said:

SPECS:

CPU: 8350 4,5GHZ  

RAM: 16gb HyperX

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 Motherboard: 990fx-D3

GPU: Gigabyte 970 1500MHZ

Boot SSD: Samsung Evo 120gb Storage

storage SSD: Samsung Evo 500gb

PSU Energon 750

Budget is basically unlimited.

That PSU looks like a abomination, so upgrade it if you can. Also stick with the 970, the 980ti isn't worth getting now of as Nvidia are almost ready to get pascal out. 

Pascal laptops guide

5 minutes ago, kekerino said:

6700k has dem IPCs doe

The difference in IPC isn't that big. However the 5820K has 6 cores and 12 threads, where as the 6700K only has 4 cores and 8 threads.

5 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

That PSU looks like a abomination, so upgrade it if you can. Also stick with the 970, the 980ti isn't worth getting now of as Nvidia are almost ready to get pascal out. 

I\ve had it for like 5 6 years, and im afraid its gonna explode. My birthday is in a few months so i might get a new one.

I saw a PSU reliability list on a forum somewhere, but i cant find it. 

6 minutes ago, kekerino said:

I\ve had it for like 5 6 years, and im afraid its gonna explode. My birthday is in a few months so i might get a new one.

I saw a PSU reliability list on a forum somewhere, but i cant find it. 

Here it is: 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/

It's not there though, tried to look for reviews online, but all I got was a "my psu exploded" thread, which is clearly not a great indication. You must be goddam lucky to have this thing last for 5-6 years, reaaallly lucky.

Pascal laptops guide

Here it is: 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/

It's not there though, tried to look for reviews online, but all I got was a "my psu exploded" thread, which is clearly not a great indication. You must be goddam lucky to have this thing last for 5-6 years, reaaallly lucky.

Shit man, now im scared my stuff is gonna get fried. Gonna upgrade when i got the moolah.