Mi pad vs shield tablet k1

experiencednoob
15 minutes ago, experiencednoob said:

I know theyre both the same in cpu but which one is better and why

They are pretty much the same, except the Mi Pad has a bigger battery.

21 minutes ago, experiencednoob said:

I know theyre both the same in cpu but which one is better and why

I have the Mi Pad myself, and I am very, very content. I have no experience with the shield, but as @LiquidGoo said, they have the same CPU.

If I'd have the choice again, I would choose the Mi Pad once more.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

Just now, Lukiewookie said:

I have the Mi Pad myself, and I am very, very content. I have no experience with the shield, but as @LiquidGoo said, they have the same CPU.

I am rocking the new Mi Pad myself so i really have no experience with the old one.

16 minutes ago, Lukiewookie said:

But why?

48 minutes ago, experiencednoob said:

But why?

Its just an overall great machine. I use it daily, and the battery life is great; the hardware isn't brutal, but powerful enough for what anyone needs on a tablet; the screen is very nice. I just like it.

(\__/)

1 hour ago, Lukiewookie said:

Its just an overall great machine. I use it daily, and the battery life is great; the hardware isn't brutal, but powerful enough for what anyone needs on a tablet; the screen is very nice. I just like it.

What about the MIUI is it good?

55 minutes ago, experiencednoob said:

What about the MIUI is it good?

The MIUI is absolutely amazing, I have a Redmi Note 3 pro here and I love the UI. I wouldn't change it. It just has a lot of options and is very responsive.

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

13 hours ago, Lukiewookie said:

10 hours ago, Ghostay said:

The MIUI is absolutely amazing, I have a Redmi Note 3 pro here and I love the UI. I wouldn't change it. It just has a lot of options and is very responsive.

Can you upgrade the mi pad to lollipop and is the UI a little heavy?

18 minutes ago, experiencednoob said:

Can you upgrade the mi pad to lollipop and is the UI a little heavy?

I also have a Mi3, which has less powerful hardware than the MiPad, and I am currently running MIUI v7 based on Marshmallow. And the UI isn't heavy at all.

(\__/)

Just keep in mind that because its the same CPU doesn't mean that it will perform the same in games or resource intensive programs (they may be clocked differently along with other potential changes under the hood).

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

The Shield has games like Portal and Half-Life 2 exclusive to Nvidia that you can play really well and you can stream your PC games with near no lag.

i'm personally "rocking" the Shield tab and i honestly don't like it all that much. It's pretty slow and battery doesn't last Long at all.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List