Help pls :( nothing shows on display and debug code F2

So this all started last night, before i went to sleep i was on my computer (built only 4 months ago) and the msi live updater message pop up saying you should like update your stuff since you havent in a while so i did, i left to bed with msi downloading the drivers and thing as well as a game. Next morning everything was finished downloading so i restarted my pc and nothing shows, it gives out power to my keyboard and mouse since it has rgb lighting but no display. Theres also error codes on the motherboard it switches from some numbers to 36 then pauses on 36 for a few seconds then to F2.

My pc specs are

- MSI gaming 5 z97

- Gtx 970 msi gaming

- i7 4790 

- rmi 650

please help thanks

4 minutes ago, MonkeyOnDrugz said:

So this all started last night, before i went to sleep i was on my computer (built only 4 months ago) and the msi live updater message pop up saying you should like update your stuff since you havent in a while so i did, i left to bed with msi downloading the drivers and thing as well as a game. Next morning everything was finished downloading so i restarted my pc and nothing shows, it gives out power to my keyboard and mouse since it has rgb lighting but no display. Theres also error codes on the motherboard it switches from some numbers to 36 then pauses on 36 for a few seconds then to F2.

My pc specs are

- MSI gaming 5 z97

- Gtx 970 msi gaming

- i7 4790 

- rmi 650

please help thanks

0xF2 Recovery process started

Found this on a website

PC Specs:

Core I5 4690K CPU
Gigabyte GTX 960 windforce 4GB GDDR5 GPU
Corsair 100R case
Seasonic 620W S12-II PSU
Kingston SSDNow 120GB SSD
Toshiba 1TB HDD
Asrock H97 Pro4 motherboard
8GB panram DDR3 1600 RAM
Windows 10 home 64 bit

1 minute ago, Clubconsoles said:

0xF2 Recovery process started

Found this on a website

so what should i do ? thanks

Find another pc and copy the same bios that worked before you updated onto a usb stick in the root folder. Plug it in to the computer, turn it on and wait overnight. i think.

If that doesn't work call msi.

PC Specs:

Core I5 4690K CPU
Corsair 100R case
Seasonic 620W S12-II PSU
Toshiba 1TB HDD
8GB panram DDR3 1600 RAM
Windows 10 home 64 bit

Find another pc and copy the same bios that worked before you updated onto a usb stick in the root folder. Plug it in to the computer, turn it on and wait overnight.

Sorry im pretty new to this kinda stuff, so if i was to find the copy of the bios i would go to where i download the drivers for the motherboard? and if so what do you mean by root folder thanks :) also does it matter which slot i plug it in

Just now, MonkeyOnDrugz said:

Sorry im pretty new to this kinda stuff, so if i was to find the copy of the bios i would go to where i download the drivers for the motherboard? and if so what do you mean by root folder thanks :) also does it matter which slot i plug it in

like not in any folder on the usb stick. also i don't think it matters where you plug it in. Here is the link to the bios images:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z97-GAMING-5.html#down-bios

PC Specs:

Core I5 4690K CPU
Corsair 100R case
Seasonic 620W S12-II PSU
Toshiba 1TB HDD
8GB panram DDR3 1600 RAM
Windows 10 home 64 bit

like not in any folder on the usb stick. also i don't think it matters where you plug it in. Here is the link to the bios images:

okay thank you very much haha, im gonna do it and head out for dinner and see how it is after :D 

2 hours ago, Clubconsoles said:

Don't think it did anything :( ill leave it over night now i guess and if not call up msi thanks man