CUJO - protect ALL of your connected home devices

I was browsing indiegogo and just thought people would be interested in the CUJO on this forum.

r9xjb.gif

It is a device you plug into your router and it starts working. Every device is now protected that is connected to your router such as baby monitors, phones, computers, security cameras, thermostats, smart door locks and really ANY device from any virus, hacker, or really anything.

This summery from the https://www.getcujo.com/compare/ website

CUJO acts as a gateway between your devices and their connection to the Internet. We send packet header data (but not full packets) to our cloud to analyze device behavior, compare your traffic to commercial threat intelligence feeds, and to make sure that unauthorized IP’s do not connect to your network. We guard every single connected device on your network, not just your PC. Unlike traditional solutions, CUJO keeps improving automatically to protect your home.

Watch the first video to get a bit more detail in this device and what it can do.

There is a description plus a question and answer section on their Indiegogo page as well as their web site if you have questions.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cujo-the-smart-way-to-fight-home-hacking#/

https://www.getcujo.com/

Protect them from WHAT exactly?

I'm lazy af and don't want to watch the vid or read the article. Could you summarize more?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

11 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

Protect them from WHAT exactly?

I'm lazy af and don't want to watch the vid or read the article. Could you summarize more?

I added and changed a sentence. I also quoted a summery from their website. It protects your devices from any virus, hacker, or really anything. Video is short.

10 minutes ago, Aytex said:

omg the second video is so shit.....

its so obvious of them reading it lmao

They aren't reading anything. They are looking at a person and the camera is off to the side.

I would love to see a pro hacker that is able to hack into the devices in a house before plugging in CUJO and him/her trying after plugging in CUJO.

Is the protection any good? I don't really see the point in this. Unless it protects you from getting tracks on websites like The Pirate Bay then idk why anyone would use it.

1 minute ago, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

Is the protection any good? I don't really see the point in this. Unless it protects you from getting tracks on websites like The Pirate Bay then idk why anyone would use it.

There are two big reasons.

1. It protects ALL of your devices. A lot of people are getting "smart" devices such as a door lock. There are also lots of stories of people using a baby monitor but anyone has access to it, also home security camera's. All of these devices are then protected as well as any phone, console, smart tv, and pc.

2. This also protects your PC. It protects against Malware, identfies viruses and phishing scams.

It protects all of your devices and keeps any unwanted ip addresses from connecting to your network. It also learns about your devices.