My New $1500 rig...and I already want to upgrade!!

Hello all, 

Been watching LTT for ages and never have joined up with these awesome forums.  I have wanted to, believe me, but I never had the hardware that I felt justified being part of a tech forum.

Mind you, here are the specs from my old rig, to show that the new rig is a complete life changer(in relation to gaming). 

Old Specs:

CPU: Q9650 @ 4.2ghz

GPU: GTX750ti FTW (still have this, will probably be framing and creating a shrine, lol.. I loved this card)

RAM: Shitty 8gb ddr2

SSD: pny 240gb

MOBO: ASUS P5Q

So as you can see, the old rig wasn't too shabby and had me gaming for quite a while with only changing the GPU and SSD - but I was in love with the 4790k since release, so eventually, I had to have it.

My current rig is a dream, and even though I am gaming on a 27" 60hz AOC from 2 years ago, I now stay at the constant 60fps (vsync) but now also hit some crazy fps - that a new 144hz monitor should be in order soon.

Here are the specs of my new, current, color schemed rig..

New Specs:

CPU: 4790k (no overclock just yet, no reason found so far)

GPU: GTX970 FTW+

MOBO: MSI z97s Krait edition

RAM: 16gb GSKills sniper ddr3 @ 1866mhz   

PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G2

Cooler: Corsair h100i v2

SSD: same pny 240gb

HDD: Western Digital blue 500gb

CASE: NZXT s340 white and NZXT sleeved white LED strip

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Reds, red LED backlit

I could have spent the extra $20-$40 for the 6700k, and sometimes think that I should  have.. but I have wanted the 4790k for so long that once I had saved for this build, it was the first thing that I purchase, without thinking twice.

Overall, this a great setup and is better than I could have imagined.  I will include some pics and look forward to getting to know you all.  sorry for the long post.. I was just excited to share.

Thanks

IMG_3081.JPG

IMG_3073.JPG

IMG_3095.JPG

IMG_3096.JPG

IMG_3097.JPG

Don't upgrade anything in the first months. Number one rule. You will get addicted son. It happened to me. I've ended up spending $1000+ on PC parts in a year, changing stuff every 3 months. It's addictive. Only change parts if you absolutely, positively need to... Oh look the nzxt hue is on sale brb

thanks, I shall hold off.. for my current monitor, this system is more than amazing.  as for NZXT hue, I will look into that.  I wanted that but settled on the sleeved light strips

7 hours ago, MtnDorito said:

thanks, I shall hold off.. for my current monitor, this system is more than amazing.  as for NZXT hue, I will look into that.  I wanted that but settled on the sleeved light strips

It's an amazing rig btw. I used to have that case as wellxD

@Telebubbies, yeah.. I originally purchased only 8gb of ram.. H1Z1, BF4, and GTA V have all used between 6-7gb before with nothing open other than Riva statistics for monitoring, so i purchased another 8.  this way I can have other programs open while I game as well..

@RADEON_GUY, thank you very much! I actually bought the phantom 410, case modded it to open the window all the way up, then decided on the smaller s340.. I think that the rad mount in the front and the PSU/everything esle cover,lol, caught my eye and I had to have it.

1 minute ago, MtnDorito said:

@Telebubbies, yeah.. I originally purchased only 8gb of ram.. H1Z1, BF4, and GTA V have all used between 6-7gb before with nothing open other than Riva statistics for monitoring, so i purchased another 8.  this way I can have other programs open while I game as well..

@RADEON_GUY, thank you very much! I actually bought the phantom 410, case modded it to open the window all the way up, then decided on the smaller s340.. I think that the rad mount in the front and the PSU/everything esle cover,lol, caught my eye and I had to have it.

DDR3 or DDR4? ;)

13 minutes ago, Telebubbies said:

DDR3 or DDR4? ;)

this i7 doesn't support ddr4

1 minute ago, DarkRuskov said:

this i7 doesn't support ddr4

What i7 is it? o_o

1 minute ago, Telebubbies said:

What i7 is it? o_o

Man, this is just perfect. Maybe SLI? Only for looks. Or 980ti. And if you want SLI, do a custom loop for these GPUs. H100 looks gorgerous.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

@Allshevski thanks! yeah, I would love a 980ti.. that would have thrown the budget for sure.  maybe down the road.. SLI 970s sounds pretty good too

7 hours ago, MtnDorito said:

@Allshevski thanks! yeah, I would love a 980ti.. that would have thrown the budget for sure.  maybe down the road.. SLI 970s sounds pretty good too

This kinda makes me feel good for you but also kinda jealous cause I have an mITX rig. I do have spare atx motherboard lying around though. Lol.