Youtube Playback Issues

Go to solution Solved by coen113,

try youtube center, it fixes alot, maybe that too.

hello everyone,

Since this sunday it was impossible for me to watch a whole youtube video, because of it buffering or not even loading. I even changed from Chrome to Maxthon and before that I deleted my whole cache deiinstalled and reinstalled the flash player, but it still won't work. It works just fine on my phone, but on my pc it won't even play 360p right and when I set it to 720p it won't even load. Could this be an issue of my graphics card driver? 

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I tried installing it, but it won't work or start :/ 

Are you using Chrome?

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Are you using Chrome?

no I was on maxthon, but it works great on chrome! I used youtube options instead, because it had better reviews

thanks for the tip

It is always sad when people have to make their own mod/extension for a page because the company who manages it failed so hard in thinking they were "making it better." 

I mean honestly, I do not like half the features they have added and I did like half the ones they took away. The fact it is Google just makes it worse as I would expect them to be better than this. Bah. I hate it when good companies start to fail at what they are supposed to do best.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

no I was on maxthon, but it works great on chrome! I used youtube options instead, because it had better reviews

The reason it has bad reviews is because you can't just hit the button and have it install on Chrome. I've used both thoroughly and I have to say that Youtube Center is a much better option once you get it working (plus Youtube Options lacks the ability to disable dash playback, which is why coen113 most likely recommended it to you in the first place).

To install Youtube Center on Chrome, go here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/114002 and download the remotely hosted version. Then go into chrome tools > extensions and at the top check the box to enable developer mode. From there, drag and drop the file you downloaded into the extensions window in Chrome. Now when you go to Youtube, you'll have a little cog next to your username that you can use to change all your settings for Youtube Center. There you can uncheck "dash playback" under the player tab as well as change your default resolution. 

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

plus Youtube Options lacks the ability to disable dash playback, which is why coen113 most likely recommended it to you in the first place) 

it does exist in the current version and I've found it to do the job, but I'll look at youtube center when I've got more time at my hands