Weird lagging on i7 4770k, split second hangs.

Hello,

I have no idea how to explain this, but basically since about a week or so my system started having issues. It always ran completely fine, but i noticed something strange.

I always play music on my system, whether i'm gaming or just browsing, i just like having my huge library of music to listen to. I use MusicBee to do so.
Before i upgraded to my i7, i had a Pentium G3258 which had the same issue but i just blamed that on the CPU bottleneck. I upgraded to the i7 about 5 months ago, and never had issues.

Alright, let's cut to the chase. Whenever i open ANYTHING, be it Chrome, File Explorer, or even Task Manager, or even just loading webpages or opening a new tab, my system gives a weird audio artifact like it's hanging for a split second, and since i never had this since i upgraded i'm pretty worried. Temps never go higher than 71 degrees C, and what i noticed is that it's not even jumping to 100% load when it does that, and neither does my GPU (it's mostly idle when just browsing, 2% at max).

System specs:
Intel Core i7 4770k @ stock
ASRock Z97 Anniversary Edition
9 GB RAM (Dual Channel Corsair Vengeance Pro + a random 1 GB stick)
Zalman CNPS 9900 Max Blue CPU cooler
Gigabyte N770 2GB OC edition, stock
Corsair CX650M PSU
ADATA 128 GB SSD with my main programs (Chrome, MusicBee, everything that i consider necessary for daily use).
Assortment of 3 1TB drives which i got from friends, which i use for games and other media

Any ideas guys? Sorry if this post is a bit messy.

14 minutes ago, SkarT3 said:

Corsair CX650M PSU

The CX series has a very low temperature tolerance. 30 C in fact. I'd replace it when you can, though I doubt that's the issue here.

16 minutes ago, SkarT3 said:

Temps never go higher than 71 degrees C, and what i noticed is that it's not even jumping to 100% load when it does that

In task manager, switch the CPU graph to logical processors. Does any core go up to ~80% or higher when it happens?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

17 hours ago, HPWebcamAble said:

The CX series has a very low temperature tolerance. 30 C in fact. I'd replace it when you can, though I doubt that's the issue here.

In task manager, switch the CPU graph to logical processors. Does any core go up to ~80% or higher when it happens?

Thanks for the reply, i will monitor it today and post an answer as soon as i have a result.

17 hours ago, SkarT3 said:

9 GB RAM (Dual Channel Corsair Vengeance Pro + a random 1 GB stick)

Any ideas guys? Sorry if this post is a bit messy.

well...there ya go...WTF...just remove that random 1gb stick and the problem will be gone!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR