Best fans for kraken x61

Bought a x61 on jet so it'll be here next week and was wondering what replacement fans to get. I was thinking about getting the noctua nf-a14.

7 minutes ago, lil barack said:

Bought a x61 on jet so it'll be here next week and was wondering what replacement fans to get. I was thinking about getting the noctua nf-a14.

noctua are good

noiseblocker

fractal design venturi

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

18 minutes ago, SeanAngelo said:

noctua are good

noiseblocker

fractal design venturi

I'll get the noctua ones

Also is the x61 140mm because my r4 case only has 140mm holes.

Do I put the radiator on the top of my case? I'm coming from a 212 evo and never did water cooling before

32 minutes ago, lil barack said:

EK Vardar F4 fans in the ER (Extended Range) variant are pretty awesome PWM fans.  If your board/controller is PWM capable, they'll drop all way down to 300 RPMs without any issues, but can spin as high as 2,200 RPMs.  They produce a substantial amount of static pressure and just plain work.  Best of all worlds if you ask me.

24 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

EK Vardar F4 fans in the ER (Extended Range) variant are pretty awesome PWM fans.  If your board/controller is PWM capable, they'll drop all way down to 300 RPMs without any issues, but can spin as high as 2,200 RPMs.  They produce a substantial amount of static pressure and just plain work.  Best of all worlds if you ask me.

19 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Here's a link to a review of them.  I have 25 of them cooling radiators and the case so I needed something that could spin down really low when I didn't need the extra cooling power and these fit the bill perfectly.

http://thermalbench.com/2015/06/29/ek-vardar-f4-120er-120mm-fan/

I hope they come in 140mm since thats what the Kraken uses, not 120 mm.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

29 minutes ago, ddbtkd456 said:

I hope they come in 140mm since thats what the Kraken uses, not 120 mm.

Check their website, but I'm sure I saw a few 140mm listed. 

8 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Check their website, but I'm sure I saw a few 140mm listed. 

So the correct ones would be in this link, just so the OP knows. Remember people coming here for help may not know the basics such as this. Also those 140 mm fans at max RPM would sound like a jet taking off. Personally if your that worried about static pressure and CFM in a fan and want the quietness at the same time I would spring for the Rosewill Hyperborea 140mm fans. It has 90 CFM, 2.76 Static Pressure (tho not as high as the previous fans), but the DBA rating is only 22 at max. :P

1 hour ago, lil barack said:

I'll get the noctua ones

Do I put the radiator on the top of my case? I'm coming from a 212 evo and never did water cooling before

Correct the x61 is a 280mm radiator, which means it has dual 140 mm fans on it (2x140mm) and that will work perfectly, also I would recommend putting the fans on top of the radiator, but thats my personal preference since I don't like the brown color of the Noctua fans themselves, also make sure when you order them they are the 140 mm version not the 120 mm version.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

12 minutes ago, ddbtkd456 said:

So the correct ones would be in this link, just so the OP knows. Remember people coming here for help may not know the basics such as this. Also those 140 mm fans at max RPM would sound like a jet taking off. Personally if your that worried about static pressure and CFM in a fan and want the quietness at the same time I would spring for the Rosewill Hyperborea 140mm fans. It has 90 CFM, 2.76 Static Pressure (tho not as high as the previous fans), but the DBA rating is only 22 at max. :P

Wow. 

11 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Wow. 

?

1 hour ago, lil barack said:

I'll get the noctua ones

yeah its a 280mm AIO so its 140mm for each fan.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

6 minutes ago, lil barack said:

Really really loud, I would go with something like the Rosewill mentioned above or the NF-A15 by noctua.

1 hour ago, ddbtkd456 said:

Really really loud, I would go with something like the Rosewill mentioned above or the NF-A15 by noctua.

Pulled this off an amazon review:

Fan blow tons of air. At the same RPM, this will blow more air than the Noctua at the same RPM. I have both fans and tested each (even the specs says so 89 CFM @1300 vs 82 @ 1500 rpm). However, the noise generate from these fans are worse. Fans are quiet at 900 rpm but once you go 1000 rpm or above the fan are pretty audible. At 1300 rpm , it is as loud as the noctua @ 1500 (possibly slightly louder than noctuas). The noise from these fans are also not as soothing - a whirling sound to it.

Fan does come with rubber grommet mounts but there is no anti vibration pads on the frame of the fan itself. Does not come with many accessories but it is significantly cheaper than Noctuas. Performance per dollar , this is better. Noise wise, noctuas are better.

6 minutes ago, airdeano said:

rosewill hyperborea 140

140mm

1300rpm PWM

22dBA

2.76mm/h2o (mad static pressure for a low rpm fan

I have $90 of newegg gift cards to spend and lets say there's not really a budget would there be a noctua fan that's better? Just curious*

44 minutes ago, lil barack said:

Pulled this off an amazon review:

For the rosewills? Yea I wouldn't recommend them at full blast. 70% will do fine for cooling that radiator. If you like the NF-A15's go with them.

My motion for this problem is:

NF-A15 - for silence and decent air movement.

Hyperborea - for decent quietness (not at 100%) and mad static/air movement.

Truth be told tho anything over 70 CFM's your going to hear the air being moved around. I had a kraken in an old system with default fans and it sounds like a jet when it started cause of the fans being on 100% on startup. That setup moved 100 CFM. If you want quiet get something like the NF-A15 that move about 70 CFM. Quality fans will be less then 70 CFM but will for the most part be pretty silent.

12 minutes ago, ddbtkd456 said:

For the rosewills? Yea I wouldn't recommend them at full blast. 70% will do fine for cooling that radiator. If you like the NF-A15's go with them.

My motion for this problem is:

NF-A15 - for silence and decent air movement.

Hyperborea - for decent quietness (not at 100%) and mad static/air movement.

Truth be told tho anything over 70 CFM's your going to hear the air being moved around. I had a kraken in an old system with default fans and it sounds like a jet when it started cause of the fans being on 100% on startup. That setup moved 100 CFM. If you want quiet get something like the NF-A15 that move about 70 CFM. Quality fans will be less then 70 CFM but will for the most part be pretty silent.

Thanks it looks like the noctua 2000pwm is the same price as the 3000pwm 2000 vs 3000 so is the 2000pwm model better because it's quieter?

30 minutes ago, lil barack said:

Thanks it looks like the noctua 2000pwm is the same price as the 3000pwm 2000 vs 3000 so is the 2000pwm model better because it's quieter?

Ugh...sorry about that chrome started acting weird, back to trusty old firefox...anyways to answer your question I wouldn't recommend either one of those fans cause they are going to produce a pretty load "air moving" effect. Meaning that your going to hear alot of noise just from the fans blowing the air around anyways. As for the Noctua fans that I do recommend are listed below. But to answer your question you are correct, the 2000 rpm would move less air so it would be quieter.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Case Fan: Noctua NF-A15 PWM 140mm  Fan  ($18.47 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 FLX 68.0 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($21.58 @ Amazon)
Total: $40.05
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-13 22:47 EDT-0400