XSPC Waterblock LED Issues

So I picked up a pair of XSPC Razor 670 waterblocks as well as a Raystorm CPU block a few months ago. I have no complaints about the build of the blocks themselves, nor the aesthetics, but I have run into issues with the included LEDs... all three of them, in fact. For those who may not know, each Razor or Raystorm block comes with a pair of 5mm blue LEDs that are each connected to a single molex connector with a sleeved cable.

Now back to the problems: Every LED that came with my blocks have faded to the point of barely lighting up anything or have simply died outright. I just contacted XSPC's technical support, so we'll see how they handle this.

I'd like to see if anyone else has had similar issues with these LEDs and if anyone has found a good alternative to the XSPC 5mm LEDs. I would make some myself, but I haven't done such a thing before, so I'd have to read up on it first.

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

if its the leds just buy some replacement 3mm leds they cost nothing (http://www.amazon.com/3mm-LED-Bulb--Blue-Pack/dp/B003KWN796). clip the old ones and solder the new ones on

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

if its the leds just buy some replacement 3mm leds they cost nothing (http://www.amazon.com/3mm-LED-Bulb--Blue-Pack/dp/B003KWN796). clip the old ones and solder the new ones on

The holes in the block are 5mm the 3mm will fallout and 5mm ones are like 10 cents more anyway. I also wouldn't solder them to the old plug as leds only fade when they're being overvolted or being powered improperly. 

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

So I picked up a pair of XSPC Razor 670 waterblocks as well as a Raystorm CPU block a few months ago. I have no complaints about the build of the blocks themselves, nor the aesthetics, but I have run into issues with the included LEDs... all three of them, in fact. For those who may not know, each Razor or Raystorm block comes with a pair of 5mm blue LEDs that are each connected to a single molex connector with a sleeved cable.

Now back to the problems: Every LED that came with my blocks have faded to the point of barely lighting up anything or have simply died outright. I just contacted XSPC's technical support, so we'll see how they handle this.

I'd like to see if anyone else has had similar issues with these LEDs and if anyone has found a good alternative to the XSPC 5mm LEDs. I would make some myself, but I haven't done such a thing before, so I'd have to read up on it first.

I have the exact same problem, i have gone though almost 6 sets of white XSPC LEDs in my CPU block. But the red one haven't changed at all.

I reccomend switching to a different brand, they seem have around 50% chance of fading within less than 5 days of first being used. This is for both the 5mm & 3mm versions.

After just 5-6 days they look like this. :(

whitedrop_zps316de366.jpg

I have the exact same problem, i have gone though almost 6 sets of white XSPC LEDs in my CPU block. But the red one haven't changed at all.

I reccomend switching to a different brand, they seem have around 50% chance of fading within less than 5 days of first being used. This is for both the 5mm & 3mm versions.

After just 5-6 days they look like this. :(

whitedrop_zps316de366.jpg

Man that's rough... :(

The holes in the block are 5mm the 3mm will fallout and 5mm ones are like 10 cents more anyway. I also wouldn't solder them to the old plug as leds only fade when they're being overvolted or being powered improperly. 

Going off of what you said, I took a brief search on Google and it looks like blue LEDs should be ran at 9v. Since these connectors go directly off of a molex connector and I can't see any resistors, these must be running directly off of 12v. I think I might look into getting some resistors and new LEDs and try my luck at soldering. Do you think this would work?

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

If you run LEDs directly from a power source greater than what they are rated for, it's best to solder an in-line resistor into the circuit. At least, that's what I've done in all my projects and so far I have no issues with longevity.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Going off of what you said, I took a brief search on Google and it looks like blue LEDs should be ran at 9v. Since these connectors go directly off of a molex connector and I can't see any resistors, these must be running directly off of 12v. I think I might look into getting some resistors and new LEDs and try my luck at soldering. Do you think this would work?

Yeah just use a led resistor calculator and it'll tell you what ohm resistor you need also each led should have it's own resistor and you should have no problem.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Yeah just use a led resistor calculator and it'll tell you what ohm resistor you need also each led should have it's own resistor and you should have no problem.

This ^

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_357_359&products_id=24130

Thank you very much man. I don't know why I missed this. :D

No problem. Good Luck.  :)

No problem. Good Luck.  :)

I ordered 3 pairs. Hopefully it'll go well. :D