VERY IMPORTANT ABOUT IP

Tyrosen

Very important. Say I type in an ip on my router that leads me to a site. Can I access any of the subgroups of the website frm that ip? So say I see Linus Tech Tips website ip on my router, can my router pick up the categories like etworking, or GPU category?

How do you type an IP into your router?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

Just now, HPWebcamAble said:

How do you type an IP into your router?

Well, not like that. The logs of the router shows some ip, I want to get into the specific part of the website

1 minute ago, Tyrosen said:

The logs of the router shows some ip, I want to get into the specific part of the website

You should be able to type the IP into a web browser, followed by /main/topic/...

Like this:

https://<IP HERE>/main/topic/580542-very-important-about-ip

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

Just now, Tyrosen said:

Well, not like that. The logs of the router shows some ip, I want to get into the specific part of the website

That depends on the web server. You might be able to, after all the domain name 'linustechtips.com' is just a mask for the server's IP address, so unless it specifically blocks connections to the public IP rather than the domain name it should work.

Almost as cool as my temps  

1 minute ago, HPWebcamAble said:

You should be able to type the IP into a web browser, followed by /main/topic/...

Like this:

https://<IP HERE>/main/topic/580542-very-important-about-ip

So say there is an ip on the router log such as xx.xxx.xx.x Will my router be able to pick up the other parts of the site, instead of just the main one?

So say there is an ip on the router log such as xx.xxx.xx.x Will my router be able to pick up the other parts of the site, instead of just the main one?

In the router logs it will not show that, because its all still under one IP. There aren't different IPs for each category.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

What do you mean pick up on?

Are you worried about someone else seeing a thread you viewed on the forum using your router logs?

It can see the difference, yes, but it may or may not show that you accessed a different part depending on the design of the router.

It will likely just show the IP a bunch of times in a log, not the sub address

1 minute ago, Benergy said:

What do you mean pick up on?

Are you worried about someone else seeing a thread you viewed on the forum using your router logs?

No, its just that there might be someone on my internet, probably a neighbor, hes on LTT too, but i want to find out if hes just on LTT coincidently, or stalking

Just now, Tyrosen said:

No, its just that there might be someone on my internet, probably a neighbor, hes on LTT too, but i want to find out if hes just on LTT coincidently, or stalking

You could find out if he was on it more easily using the 'Attached devices' section of your router.

LTT is a bad example because they use CloudFlare which is a proxy so even though he's accessing the same IP as LTT.com doesn't mean he's visiting LTT.com. Since you're both on the same network you're both connected to the same CloudFlare server which serves millions of websites now so without the actual DNS entry you won't know what website he's visiting.

-KuJoe

1 minute ago, Benergy said:

You could find out if he was on it more easily using the 'Attached devices' section of your router.

I have more than one device connected on my wifi, but my router does not tell me what device it is

Just now, Tyrosen said:

I have more than one device connected on my wifi, but my router does not tell me what device it is

You can check the IP of everything in your house that's connected and compare it to what's showing on the router (it show's each devices IP, right), if there's any other addresses showing, you'll know he's connected.

Alternatively, you could just change the WiFi password :)

5 minutes ago, Benergy said:

You can check the IP of everything in your house that's connected and compare it to what's showing on the router (it show's each devices IP, right), if there's any other addresses showing, you'll know he's connected.

Alternatively, you could just change the WiFi password :)

Yeah, lll just change pass

14 hours ago, Tyrosen said:

No IP is on Layer3 while HTTP is on Layer6

5 hours ago, .spider. said:

No IP is on Layer3 while HTTP is on Layer6

You mean HTTP is Layer 7. ;)

-KuJoe