So im getting a HTC vive this year But I have one problem i have a 960 (getting a 970 before i get the headset) Also i have an Amd fx 6300 running at 3.5ghz is this processer VR ready or do i need something like an 8350.

2 minutes ago, Blue_Portal (Brony) said:

So im getting a HTC vive this year But I have one problem i have a 960 (getting a 970 before i get the headset) Also i have an Amd fx 6300 running at 3.5ghz is this processer VR ready or do i need something like an 8350.

hmmm...

this is an interesting situation, and i would honestly say it depends on the games you plan to VR. 

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

5 minutes ago, Blue_Portal (Brony) said:

I suggest an i5 6500

Ideally you'd want a Core i5, an FX-8350 won't help you when it comes to singlethreaded performance.

But the graphics card is the more serious obstacle in general, especially for the early VR games.

9 minutes ago, Blue_Portal (Brony) said:

If you want raw performance go for a r9 390 or wait for the new pascal and polaris cards to come out; don't buy a 970.

1 hour ago, ronstig said:

If you want raw performance go for a r9 390 or wait for the new pascal and polaris cards to come out; don't buy a 970.

Dont buy a 970? there perfect for VR according to many sources.

1 minute ago, Blue_Portal (Brony) said:

Meh, its a personal preference

The r9 390 has 10-15% more preformance in games

2 minutes ago, Blue_Portal (Brony) said:

390 is a few percent more perfect. :P

But yeah maybe you could try and hang on with the GTX 960 for a little while, then pick up one of the next-gen cards.

1 hour ago, Aytex said:

Meh, its a personal preference

The r9 390 has 10-15% more preformance in games

Plus I like nvida 

1 hour ago, Sakkura said:

390 is a few percent more perfect. :P

But yeah maybe you could try and hang on with the GTX 960 for a little while, then pick up one of the next-gen cards.

that is what im hoping for im getting the cpu first.

18 minutes ago, Blue_Portal (Brony) said:

is this processer VR ready

i'm waiting on videos where they show gameplay on pc's with lesser specs, i was hoping ltt would do one, so much videos out there just showing them take the test which all of us can do, i will probably just buy one and upgrade if i need to, some people have said if the graphics is not up to par it could cause motion sickness, idk to me that would be a good thing.

if it don't work then i can wait a week or so for the parts to upgrade but i don't want to upgrade if i dont have to. either way i think june or july is when the next batch will ship so i have time to decide.

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20