PPD doesn't add up?

Go to solution Solved by Prince32780,

I'm folding on an i7-3770 using 7 of the 8 threads, and my PPD is listed as 18010 PPD. However, the project says it's only worth 1673 points, and the project's ETA is 16 hours. Wouldn't that make my PPD only around 2500? Or is it 1673 points per thread?

attachicon.gifhuh.png

1673 is base points, you get bonus points for returning the work unit before the deadline

the faster your processor can return a wu, the more bonus points it gets

I'm folding on an i7-3770 using 7 of the 8 threads, and my PPD is listed as 18010 PPD. However, the project says it's only worth 1673 points, and the project's ETA is 16 hours. Wouldn't that make my PPD only around 2500? Or is it 1673 points per thread?

post-653-0-44285900-1379619666_thumb.png

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

attachicon.gifhuh.png

1673 is base points, you get bonus points for returning the work unit before the deadline

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Thanks!

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking