Amazon Quadcopter Program Possibilities

I'm really looking forward to Amazon's quadcopter delivery program.  Aside from the usual goods that Amazon sells, I'm hoping that the service will work with various businesses to act as a third-party delivery facilitator.  Aside from pizza parlors, there isn't many restaurants that offer delivery in suburban areas.  In large cities, I imagine delivery is much more prevalent because there is more of an incentive to do so.  Used to have a Jamba Juice in my area.  The nearest one would be an hours time round-trip.  What would you like to see done with this type of service?

My PC specifications are in my profile.

I'm going to flip the question a little, and would like to say that I wouldn't want to see it used for mass spying and surveillance. Don't want to sound paranoid, but that definitely worries me.

What I would like to see is have the drones help with medical care, especially in large cities. For example, old people have a problem to go get the pills they need? No problem, here you go! Also the idea of having a "drone ambulance system" sound kind of cool. I'm not exactly sure how it would work, but have the drones carry important medical equipment on board, and send them to the area of incident before the ambulance arrives. 

Other uses of drones might include monitoring traffic jams etc. 

I'm pretty sure people will come up with many different uses... :)

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

1 minute ago, Lukiewookie said:

I'm going to flip the question a little, and would like to say that I wouldn't want to see it used for mass spying and surveillance. Don't want to sound paranoid, but that definitely worries me.

What I would like to see is have the drones help with medical care, especially in large cities. For example, old people have a problem to go get the pills they need? No problem, here you go! Also the idea of having a "drone ambulance system" sound kind of cool. I'm not exactly sure how it would work, but have the drones carry important medical equipment on board, and send them to the area of incident before the ambulance arrives. 

Other uses of drones might include monitoring traffic jams etc. 

I'm pretty sure people will come up with many different uses... :)

Delivering prescriptions sounds useful.  Not entirely sure how it could be used for ambulance services though.

1 minute ago, Michael McAllister said:

Delivering prescriptions sounds useful.  Not entirely sure how it could be used for ambulance services though.

Upon a quick search, it turns out the the University in Delft (Holland) has worked on this quite some time.

Link here.

I think its a fantastic concept :)

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

48 minutes ago, Lukiewookie said:

Also the idea of having a "drone ambulance system" sound kind of cool. I'm not exactly sure how it would work, but have the drones carry important medical equipment on board, and send them to the area of incident before the ambulance arrives.

Yeah there's this research going on into using drone-borne automated defibrillators to help save lives in cardiac arrests.

39 minutes ago, Lukiewookie said:

Upon a quick search, it turns out the the University in Delft (Holland) has worked on this quite some time.

Link here.

I think its a fantastic concept :)

Didn't read this post until I started making this one. Really cool idea, and I hope it gets rolled out more widely.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

3 hours ago, Michael McAllister said:

I do not think the future will be reached until I can have my pizza 200 feet in the air.

On 4/11/2016 at 6:51 PM, Zentex said:

I do not think the future will be reached until I can have my pizza 200 feet in the air.

With a large enough drone, could be useful for groceries a la Amazon Fresh.