What do I need?

RDyer

Hey all-

New to the forum, looking for advise on a new desktop. I have always purchased HP computers because they have offered financing.  I am in the market for a new PC and looking for help "customizing" it.  Are there any good posts about what I should be looking for as far as a gaming rig.  I have a budget of about $2,000 which I would like to include 1 or 2 23" or so monitors.  I typically play games such as Diablo 3, The Division, DayZ along with many early access/pre-alpha games that are definitely not optimized in anyway.  My PC is currently right next to my bed and my wife would prefer something quiet as well.  I would need a site that offers Financing so buying parts and assembling myself may be out of the question.

Thanks for the help.

I believe these are my current specs :

http://www.shopping.hp.com/shopping/pdf/qw827aa.pdf

first: wich country do you live in, second wich resolution should the monitors have, third new peripherals?

You could buy parts a few at a time, you'd get a better system than with a prebuilt computer with financing interest. Might not be as fun as just getting the out right computer but over like a year you'd save money and get higher specs. Case or storage first, then cpu or mobo, then ram or cooling, then gpu and psu. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

welcome to the forums :P

remember to quote or mention the person you're replying so they get a notification

you can use http://pcpartpicker.com/ to do your listing

as for recommendation for $2000 build

we'll need more info

you can follow this guide

and also make sure you post the new thread in the correct subforum or the mods will get upset :P

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 hours ago, lh99 said:

first: wich country do you live in, second wich resolution should the monitors have, third new peripherals?

I live in USA.  I do NOT need 4k resolution for monitors.  I would like a good display.  I currently am using HP w2338h and I have no issues.  It is a little bulky and about 6/7 years old. I am just looking to upgrade it. 

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

welcome to the forums :P

remember to quote or mention the person you're replying so they get a notification

you can use http://pcpartpicker.com/ to do your listing

as for recommendation for $2000 build

we'll need more info

you can follow this guide

and also make sure you post the new thread in the correct subforum or the mods will get upset :P

1. Budget & Location

$ 2000 USD Including up to 2 monitors.  Located in USA.

2. Aim

PC Gaming including Diablo 3, GTA 5, The Division, Pre-Release games such as Rust, DayZ, 7 Days to Die

3. Monitors

1-2.  Would like at least 1 new one.   23" - 28" ish in size. Prefer 1080p or better. Not trying to spend budget entirely on monitors.

4. Peripherals

Only need Windows and basic start up programs. Keyboards and Mice I have as well as Anti-Virus and games.

5. Why are you upgrading?

PC is 4 years old.  Noticing that my pc is working harder and harder lately.  Have blown fans out and continues to persist.  A lot of driver issues and game crashes.  Also experiencing some space or space management issues.

2 minutes ago, RDyer said:

1. Budget & Location

$ 2000 USD Including up to 2 monitors.  Located in USA.

2. Aim

PC Gaming including Diablo 3, GTA 5, The Division, Pre-Release games such as Rust, DayZ, 7 Days to Die

3. Monitors

1-2.  Would like at least 1 new one.   23" - 28" ish in size. Prefer 1080p or better. Not trying to spend budget entirely on monitors.

4. Peripherals

Only need Windows and basic start up programs. Keyboards and Mice I have as well as Anti-Virus and games.

5. Why are you upgrading?

PC is 4 years old.  Noticing that my pc is working harder and harder lately.  Have blown fans out and continues to persist.  A lot of driver issues and game crashes.  Also experiencing some space or space management issues.

hmm here ya go

Spoiler

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Q2rs6h
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Q2rs6h/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor  ($331.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($107.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($156.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($64.49 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($87.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($653.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($118.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ NCIX US) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($30.00) 
Monitor: Asus MX279H 27.0" Monitor  ($229.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $1999.27
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-10 16:23 EDT-0400

its not the best build in price to performance

but the components i chose are top notch so no problems there

you can make a new thread posting what you post in your last post + this build as a reference for others to see what they can come up with

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately