Cisco email accidentally sent to 1000s of employees causes message list MAYHEM

Ethnod

lol oh man. I've actually had this happen to me. I sent an email from a charity I help out some times and I had set up an auto reply to one of the email addresses (the general info@.. one) and so had the other company but neither of our systems could detect when there was a reply loop and I had no idea what was causing it so 4 days later and 15k emails later myself and the tech guy from the other company figured it out lol

Exclusive Ever become stuck in a seemingly infinite loop of emails from colleagues hitting the "reply-all" option and asking to be removed from a mailing list containing the addresses of thousands of employees?

Source:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/09/19/cisco_reply_all_email_wastes_tons_of_man_hours/

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly