My £11 watercooled scrapyard pc

Dan Q

I started this project last summer but lost interest in it for  a while but the other day i got some tubing that was the perfect size for all the watercooling parts so i decided to finish it.

Water cooling bits:

• Cpu block- Generic one from china- £3 ($4.22)
  • Reservoir- A tall tupperware pot from my local supermarket - £1 ($1.41)
  • Tubing- Not sure what it is. Got 2 meters off it for free as it was about to get thrown away.
  • Pump- Submersible pump from old fish tank that i had in my loft.
  • I don't have a rad yet.

Pc parts:

*note- this pc is not intended for any day to day use and just for fun. Hence why the part choices didn't really matter *

• Cpu+Mobo: Pentium E5200 and Foxcon mobo- £4 ($5.63)
  • Hdd- Seagate barracuda 250gb- Free from Dell Pc i was given 
  • Psu- Generic 250w pulled from a HP £3($4.22)

The case is the second most interesting part of this build as i built it from scratch. I did have an old core 1000 but is wasn't going to fit the hardware i had.

All the materials used to make it were free as my Dad works with them and had a lot of scrap/off cuts 

The case is made up of aluminum angles, plywood and dibond. At this time it is still under construction but is mostly done. As you look at the pictures you may notice that the mobo tray and a few other parts are not level. My spirit level was being used to hang a mirror when i was making this and i didn't want to wait. I could unscrew it all and re do it but...

I will cut side pannels for the sides out of the dibond. Once everthing else is finished 

DSC_1458.JPGMore pictures and updates are to come.                                                                                                       

DSC_1460.JPG

DSC_1459.JPG

DSC_1460.JPG

CPU:X4 760k GPU:Gtx 960 4gb RAM:Hyperx Fury 2x4GB PSU:Evga 500w Mobo:Msi A78m-e35 Case:Nzxt s340 Storage: 120gb 840evo,  1TB Wd blue

Go ahead, quote me !

On 4/7/2016 at 2:28 PM, GeorgeKellow said:

Love it xD

Ha ha ha. Thanks :D

DSC_1462.JPG

DSC_1464.JPG

DSC_1469.JPG

CPU:X4 760k GPU:Gtx 960 4gb RAM:Hyperx Fury 2x4GB PSU:Evga 500w Mobo:Msi A78m-e35 Case:Nzxt s340 Storage: 120gb 840evo,  1TB Wd blue

Go ahead, quote me !

Wow. This would totally win on scrapyard wars!

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

2 hours ago, BurnerMC said:

Dat pump res combo.

Patent pending ☺

Go ahead, quote me !