Hotel Help Connection Win10

I'm staying in a hotel. The laptop is recognizing the network and says it's connected. When I launch Edge, in 10, it should go to the hotels website for me to enter the code. Instead, it says there's no connection. I know there is, i'm connected on another device. I did reset my tcp stack. I have disabled and re-enabled my wi-fi. I even cleared the cache. I'm out of ideas. When running the diagnostics, it says I'm missing one or more network protocols. I use that system at home on my wi-fi network and it functions properly. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Knowledge is power and power corrupts, So study hard and be evil.   

Can you ping any IPs like 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS)? Are you sure you have DHCP enabled on your NIC? Is there a device limit for the WAP you're connecting to maybe?

EDIT: Better yet, go onto the device you're connected on already and get the gateway IP, see if you can ping that from your laptop.

-KuJoe

Restart and reconnect to the network. Then go to the browser you use and try and access a site like this one. You should be redirected when trying to access an external webpage. 

@KuJoe wouldn't a device limit mean the win 10 device won't connect to the router? OP's problem is that he isn't redirected to the hotel's page, right?

HP Pavilion p007tx (i5 4210u, gt840m, 8GB DDR3 memory and a 1 TB HDD that makes cool sounds when booting up) 

Since my laptop can't run modern games too well I use a PS4

49 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Can you ping any IPs like 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS)? Are you sure you have DHCP enabled on your NIC? Is there a device limit for the WAP you're connecting to maybe?

EDIT: Better yet, go onto the device you're connected on already and get the gateway IP, see if you can ping that from your laptop.

46 minutes ago, Headshot_ said:

Restart and reconnect to the network. Then go to the browser you use and try and access a site like this one. You should be redirected when trying to access an external webpage. 

@KuJoe wouldn't a device limit mean the win 10 device won't connect to the router? OP's problem is that he isn't redirected to the hotel's page, right?

Ok. Thank you guys for your help. I will try both of these methods.

Knowledge is power and power corrupts, So study hard and be evil.   

3 hours ago, Headshot_ said:

If the WAP only allows say 50 connections and his other device is number 50 then his laptop would be 51, I'm assuming he connected his other device first and then tried the laptop based on the first post. Also the DHCP server might have run out of IP leases or something. The most logical issue is with his laptop if the other device is working fine but having seen how some hotel networks are setup I wouldn't rule out a problem with the hotel's network either.

This is one reason why I always carry one of these with me (saved my sanity multiple times on my most recent roadtrip because hotel networks are pretty crazy sometimes), I can take one connection (wired or wireless) and build another network from it: http://www.hootoo.com/hootoo-tripmate-nano-ht-tm02-wireless-portable-router.html

-KuJoe