HyperX Cloud II

JPotze
Go to solution Solved by KickinGravy,

Here is a nice review for Jayztwocents on the cloud 2's. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiIwNJuVmoU

Currently i am using a steelseries 5hv2. I like the comfort of the headset. It is light and fits perfectly around my big ol' ears. What i am looking for in a new headset is to have a bit more noise canceling capabilities. the 5hv2 is open back and at events, it is not quiet enough. 

I read good reviews about the HyperX Cloud II. It's cheap, good looking (and rocking pink as color :P ) and as a added bonus I get virtual 7.1. I also like the fact that it has a 53mm driver and a low end of 10hz, it can shake my earlobe.

What do you guys experience with the Cloud II? And is the 7.1 a bonus in lets say, Battlefield 4? Or do you guys leave that function off.

Let me know in the comments below. 

The 7.1 sorround sound just distorts the audio in my opinion.

Just get a headphone in the same buget. It will preform better.

(⌐■_■) 

I'd recommend just grabbing the HyperX Cloud or Cloud Core, you are paying extra $$ for that USB dongle which is pretty garbage. As for virtual 7.1, just download Razer Surround, voila... same stuff. As far as on or off with the virtual 7.1 though, it's personal preference... Though, it's recommended to just not use it, but if you prefer it then just use it.

As for the above comment, don't worry, the HyperX Cloud is a Takstar Pro80 clone, which is a good quality headphone :) Kingston simply added an attachable mic to it.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

If you decide to buy it, could you report to me if it's comfy? I'm using 5hv2 to as well, and wondering how clouds would fit.
5hv2 sucks for noise isolation. People can hear themselves trough the headset speakers when I'm talking in discord with them :D

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

2 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

People can hear themselves trough the headset speakers when I'm talking in discord with them

i have some friends complaining about this as well.

And about the Cloud vs Cloud II. In my country they are both 75 euro's so i go with the Cloud II if I buy it.

1 minute ago, JuztBe said:

If you decide to buy it, could you report to me if it's comfy? I'm using 5hv2 to as well, and wondering how clouds would fit.
5hv2 sucks for noise isolation. People can hear themselves trough the headset speakers when I'm talking in discord with them :D

They are very comfy, I worn them one time for almost 18 hours straight. Very light on your head, and they stay on even if I shake my head. Also they breath very nicely if you use the valuer ear cups.  

But is the cloud really over ear or is it a bit on top of the ear. I have bought a headset for about 150 dollar and that was great quality sound but the comfort was horrible. I want to make a good buy this time. 

Just now, JPotze said:

But is the cloud really over ear or is it a bit on top of the ear. I have bought a headset for about 150 dollar and that was great quality sound but the comfort was horrible. I want to make a good buy this time. 

It is over-ear.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

46 minutes ago, JPotze said:

Currently i am using a steelseries 5hv2. I like the comfort of the headset. It is light and fits perfectly around my big ol' ears. What i am looking for in a new headset is to have a bit more noise canceling capabilities. the 5hv2 is open back and at events, it is not quiet enough. 

I read good reviews about the HyperX Cloud II. It's cheap, good looking (and rocking pink as color :P ) and as a added bonus I get virtual 7.1. I also like the fact that it has a 53mm driver and a low end of 10hz, it can shake my earlobe.

What do you guys experience with the Cloud II? And is the 7.1 a bonus in lets say, Battlefield 4? Or do you guys leave that function off.

Let me know in the comments below. 

I have a pair of cloud 2s and they are really good but I don't like noice isolation but they are good at that too. 

They sound good as well but the 7.1 is not that great. If you don't care about 7.1 just get the normal cloud(same headset just without 7.1)

I can recommend. 

28 minutes ago, Syde said:

just get the normal cloud(same headset just without 7.1)

I am getting the Cloud II. it is just 4 bucks more expensive here.

All right. So I set my mind on the cloud II and couldn't wait for a delivery fan to drive to my home so I got in my car and drove to a store in the city a bit down the road. It was only €70 here. My first impression is that the headphone has a 200 dollar feeling. Great quality build and a nice braided cable. I started up the computer and plugged the usb in. Windows 10 got the drivers no problem. I launched battlefield 4 and was amazed at the amount of audio cancellation by the pleather cups and memory foam. The sound is good and the low end at 10 hertz (what people can't hear but feel) comes over me as very nice. But the magic button 'surround' is awesome. Much better then i read it would be. I have used it for one hour now and can say it is still very comfortable. I am looking forward towards using it the next few years.