HDD or SSD?

Fortress
Go to solution Solved by duckwithanokhat,
1 minute ago, Fortress said:

I plan to use it as a replacement for my old system. I normally play games on it, edit videos and photos, and basic word processing. 

IF you can only afford one, GET THE 1TB HDD! 128 GB is not suitable for your main system.

I plan on building a new system, and I was wondering if I should go with an SSD for this system, or go with a traditional hard drive. The prices aren't really that different so price won't be an issue here. The drives are:

• HDD - WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive - $52.99
  • SSD - Intel 120GB 535 Series Solid State Drive - $57.50

Which one should I go with? Should I go with the hard drive or with the SSD? Should I trade capacity to speed? Help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

(Edit: I originally listed Kingston's V300 as my choice for the SSD, but I remembered that they changed the NAND to a slower Micron one.)

Has a Ph.D in Nothing and does not speak Chinese, Italian or French. (aber ich kann Deutsch sprechen)

4 minutes ago, Fortress said:

I plan on building a new system, and I was wondering if I should go with an SSD for this system, or go with a traditional hard drive. The prices aren't really that different so price won't be an issue here. The drives are:

Which one should I go with? Should I go with the hard drive or with the SSD? Should I trade capacity to speed? Help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

(Edit: I originally listed Kingston's V300 as my choice for the SSD, but I remembered that they changed the NAND to a slower Micron one.)

You should really have one of each, but if you can save up and buy one later then get the SSD now so you don't have to fool around with reinstalling and/or cloning and all that, simple as plugging in the drive, formatting it and you're good to go for a storage drive.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

5 minutes ago, Fortress said:

The prices aren't really that different

you're comparing a 1TB drive with a 128GB one xD

15 hours ago, duckwithanokhat said:

What are you going to use the machine for?

I plan to use it as a replacement for my old system. I normally play games on it, edit videos and photos, and basic word processing. 

Has a Ph.D in Nothing and does not speak Chinese, Italian or French. (aber ich kann Deutsch sprechen)

6 minutes ago, Fortress said:

SSD's for everything

1 minute ago, Fortress said:

IF you can only afford one, GET THE 1TB HDD! 128 GB is not suitable for your main system.

I would really suggest getting both SSD for OS, and 1TB HDD for the games and data, if you can afford it of course, but you can buy that second disk in a month or two after buying the whole system

You can get a 240 gb ssd for $60 and a 480 for about $115. I'd definitely  go for the ssd if i were you