I fucked up and used the wrong screws when screwing mobo to case standoffs

I used the wrong screws on 3/4 of the holes to connect mobo to case stand offs... Noticed now they looked so similar but they aren't doing a very good job holding shit in place... Shouldn't really attempt anything else while I'm tired lol I've been at this for 3 hours and almost got the hyper 212 in and RAM and the mobo in case and now I'm done for the day...

It feels like these screws are stuck... I'm worried about applying too much pressure cuz I don't wanna break anything... So if anyone knows how I would go about getting these screws that are seemingly stuck in the standoffs that would be awesome :).... I shall start fresh tomorrow ! But honestly if I fucked my mobo by mounting it with the wrong screws I'm just gonna pay someone to do this cuz clearly I have forgotten since I did my last build 3 years ago...

Sigh... Perhaps I am just discouraged because I'm tired...

- Chris

8 minutes ago, ChrisxParkinson said:

-SNIP-

Depending on the screws they could have messed up the threads in the standoffs, your best bet is to try and back them out or so that the entire stand off comes off the motherboard tray and separate the screw and standoff outside of the case.

How would I get the stand off to come.off if my motherboard is already mounted to the case and I can't remove the screws attached to the stand off... Like define "backing off"

- Chris

Just now, ChrisxParkinson said:

How would I get the stand off to come.off if my motherboard is already mounted to the case and I can't remove the screws attached to the stand off... Like define "backing off"

Oh are the screws just spinning in place and not wanting to unscrew?

You might need to get one of those plastic pry bars or spudger for phone to pull up on the screw when your unscrewing to see if it can come out then. Just be carefully when doing this to not damage the motherboard. 

14 minutes ago, W-L said:

Oh are the screws just spinning in place and not wanting to unscrew?

You might need to get one of those plastic pry bars or spudger for phone to pull up on the screw when your unscrewing to see if it can come out then. Just be carefully when doing this to not damage the motherboard. 

Ah darn... Yea honestly the one that is correct plus the three others sorta holdimg it in has the mobo in place so if there's a risk of damage I might just say fuck it... I can't believe how impatient I was that I just used the wrong screw cuz I couldn't find the right ones ! I suppose this is a good lesson in understanding how getting pissed off and rushing through stuff isn't as efficient as calmly considering each action ! Thanks for your help buddy 

- Chris