Phanteks Evolv ITX airflow / cooling

mhonor

I really like the Evolv ITX. However, I have heard that GPU temps can run high because of how close the GPU fans are to the power supply shroud. Also I've heard differing opinions on how good the case airflow is. 

I'll be air cooling with a cryorig CPU cooler, and would buy one or two exhaust fans in addition to the 200mm intake. 

It seems like with positive pressure the airflow would be really good but I'm worried about the GPU temps. The only other case I really like is the Raijintek Styx and that one definitely has some challenges for creating good airflow. 

Has anyone built in this case? Liked it or not?  

(unrelated pic just to show GPU clearance)

phanteks_evolv_itx_case_review_80 (1).jpg

I have the big brother, Evolv ATX, and I can confirm that in my SLI build, the bottom card is restricted by the power supply shroud. If it fits your build, I would recommend going with a blower style cooler on your GPU, as this would definitely help with the issue.

Even with this minor inconvenience, I still love the case.

1 minute ago, SuicideAnomaly said:

I have the big brother, Evolv ATX, and I can confirm that in my SLI build, the bottom card is restricted by the power supply shroud. If it fits your build, I would recommend going with a blower style cooler on your GPU, as this would definitely help with the issue.

Do you think with a single GPU the issue would be lessened? 

My best friend and I just did a build in this a while ago for his younger brother and yes, unless you get a cold GPU, temps will be an issue. There's no real area for the hot air to go to and his GPU got HOT! I'd recommend a blower style GPU if this is your case of choice, or go with the Fractal Design Define Nano, very easy ITX build from what I hear.

3 minutes ago, mhonor said:

Do you think with a single GPU the issue would be lessened? 

It wouldn't be an issue at all, if I was using a single GPU.

Just now, SuicideAnomaly said:

It wouldn't be an issue at all, if I was using a single GPU.

Right, with the the large Evolv - I meant with the ITX case. A single GPU but still in that low clearance position. 

1 minute ago, mhonor said:

Right, with the the large Evolv - I meant with the ITX case. A single GPU but still in that low clearance position. 

I would still highly recommend going with a blower style cooler.

Since the front intake fans are so close to the GPU, they would feed a blower style card very efficiently, keeping it nice and cool.:)

2 minutes ago, SuicideAnomaly said:

Since the front intake fans are so close to the GPU, they would feed a blower style card very efficiently, keeping it nice and cool.:)

Good point, I hadn't considered a blower GPU, as I'm looking at a 380/x.