Doing a 4K build: First time builder seeking some help

Hello everyone, first time poster here. :)

Aims for this build:

• Great airflow to keep it cool.
  • Longevity. This computer should last me 5-7 years.
  • Must be as quiet as possible.
  • Must fit all the components.
  • Side note: No budget.

So before I go into details about the build, I want to shed some light on why you're going to see the specs I have below. Firstly, I shall be doing many things with this computer. To name a few, I shall probably be doing some video editing for my business, alot of Folding@Home, gaming at 4K 60FPS, and streaming. Like I mentioned above, I don't have a budget and don't mind spending this kind of money since I don't see myself upgrading anything in the next 5-7 years. I shall probably be building this rig in the next few months but since this is my first time building my own rig, I've watched some videos on the very bare bone basics to see where everything goes, compatibility, etc. I've even taken apart some old desktop computers as practice to see where the general idea of things go, and how to install them.

The only issue that I've been semi worried about is the case that I could get that has the room for everything that will be fitting in there all while keeping excellent airflow and keeping things cool. Liquid cooling will be ideal but I've noticed that some cases do not fit all liquid coolers because of size. I would like to liquid cool my CPU and my dual GPU's that I'll get getting. So those are the two concerns that I have. I shall post the things I plan to install and if you see any compatibility issues, please let me know. :)

Side note: All prices are in Canadian Dollars (CDN)

Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard ($214.99)

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80662I76700K Desktop Processor Intel® HD Graphics 530 ($489.99)

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 06G-P4-4995-KR 6GB SC+ GAMING w/ACX 2.0+, Whisper Silent Cooling w/ Free Installed Backplate Graphics Card ($949.99 x2) (SLI)

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Desktop Memory Model F4-2133C15Q-32GRR ($249.99)

SSD: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-75E1T0B/AM ($426.85)

CPU Liquid Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series™ H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler. 280mm CW-9060027-WW ($159.99)

GPU Liquid Cooler for SLI: (Unknown)

PSU: EVGA 220-P2-1600-X1 80 PLUS Platinum 1600 W 10 yr Warranty ECO Mode Fully Modular NVIDIA SLI Ready and Crossfire Support continuous Power Supply ($499.99)

Case: (Unknown, could use suggestions)

4K Monitor: (Haven't looked yet)

Total Cost: $3941.78 CDN or $3019.18 USD

As you can already tell the PSU and RAM are probably a bit much but like I mentioned above I'm going for longevity and 4K being a massive resource dip for gaming, I'm just being prepared. The PSU is probably slight overkill as well but since the 980ti's will be soaking up the majority of the power, I don't mind wiggle room. Hard drive space wise, I don't download too much and if I download many games, after being beaten I always delete it off my hard drive anyway. 1TB is more than enough and should I need more space in the future or see a good deal, then I'll probably just pick up another SSD.

So that's the build I'm looking to do so far. My main concerns are what kind of case I'll need to fit everything but at the same time keep it very cool and quiet. I won't be doing any overclocking on this system. If you have any other suggestions feel free to speak your mind.

Thanks for your help and input. I appreciate it. I'll check back here every few hours or so to read all comments and talk to everyone that has input. :)

From what i've heard the corsair liquid coolers aren't on the quiet side, so you might wanna think about replacing them with noctua's 

Can you give me maximum price, because when price is not set its kinda hard for me to do myself build for you or edit you know. Like for example you can go 5960k / 3x 980Ti or Titan X's, then you will not upgrade for long time.

If you have a lot of money to spend for extreme system [4k Gaming] you can build for yourself something like Project Skunkworks by JayzTwoCents 

Hpvtc.jpg

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

20 hours ago, NotSoAnonymoussChris said:

here is a thread from last year, i hope its of use. are you sure no budget?

Thanks for linking that. The case that the person is using seems to be what everyone of my build is using upon reading some of the reviews. Thanks! :)

20 hours ago, Becausei'mBatman said:

From what i've heard the corsair liquid coolers aren't on the quiet side, so you might wanna think about replacing them with noctua's 

If I were to use this case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case that I found thanks to the poster above, what would be the best and quietest CPU/GPU SLI liquid cooler(s) that I could fit in that case?

20 hours ago, Redjo said:

Can you give me maximum price, because when price is not set its kinda hard for me to do myself build for you or edit you know. Like for example you can go 5960k / 3x 980Ti or Titan X's, then you will not upgrade for long time.

If you have a lot of money to spend for extreme system [4k Gaming] you can build for yourself something like Project Skunkworks by JayzTwoCents 

Hpvtc.jpg

Like I mentioned in my post, I don't really have a maximum price. I just want to build my own 4K rig with the hardware that I indicated above (if there's no compatibility issues of course) and looking for some advice/changes I could make. (If applicable)

A high end Air cooler (Noctua, BeQuiet etc) are usually quieter than sealed water coolers. You can adjust the fan curve though so a good water cooler can be made to be quiet.

The psu you have selected is massively overpowered for SLI. You would be fine with an 850W unit on Skylake, or 1000W on Haswell-E (X99) as it is a bit more power hungry.

If you seriously have no budget then I would go for an X99 setup.

Rather than buying coolers for the graphics cards I would suggest going with a couple of hybrid 980 ti's. This Youtube video shows 2 x EVGA Hybrid 980 ti's installed in the Corsair 750D.