Upgrading my existing graphics card, Help!

jdavis2506

Hi Guys,

Close to a year ago i bought a new computer not knowing much about the specs required for a decent level of gaming. I have realized now that this computer just cant handle some games.  

Computer Specs ( http://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/DT.SXNEK.015 )

I would appreciate it if someone could give me some pointers on graphics cards that would be capable of running games on fairly high settings? 

Would i run into any problems with needing to upgrade other components as well if i wanted to do this? ( I think that i would need a new power supply but i wouldn't be sure on what size) 

My budget is about £300 but i am willing to change that if i need too. 

Thanks!

The R9 390 is good GPU at your range but you'd have to watch the power with that 300W PSU. Maybe a GTX970 would be better...

My Build: Night Fury | i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz | R9 390 | 850 EVO 250GB | 1TB Seagate | H230 Black

Night Theme User

Hello Fellow Night Theme User | Why Aren't You Using Night Theme?

5 minutes ago, jdavis2506 said:

Hi Guys,

Close to a year ago i bought a new computer not knowing much about the specs required for a decent level of gaming. I have realized now that this computer just cant handle some games.  

Computer Specs ( http://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/DT.SXNEK.015 )

I would appreciate it if someone could give me some pointers on graphics cards that would be capable of running games on fairly high settings? 

Would i run into any problems with needing to upgrade other components as well if i wanted to do this? ( I think that i would need a new power supply but i wouldn't be sure on what size) 

My budget is about £300 but i am willing to change that if i need too. 

Thanks!

do you know how much wattage your power supply has it isn't on asus' website?

I'm always here to help

Looking at it your going to need to up the PSU too. Even a 970 is on the very edge.

1 minute ago, j said:

do you know how much wattage your power supply has it isn't on asus' website?

Its 300W

My Build: Night Fury | i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz | R9 390 | 850 EVO 250GB | 1TB Seagate | H230 Black

Night Theme User

3 minutes ago, Charcoal_ said:

The R9 390 is good GPU at your range but you'd have to watch the power with that 300W PSU. Maybe a GTX970 would be better...

you need to get a new power supply, i would go corsair builder series (cx or cs series) modular power supply(go the 750w models) and go gtx 970 or r9 390 but i would go gtx 970 as i am a nvidia fanboy.

I'm always here to help

Just now, j said:

you need to get a new power supply, i would go corsair builder series (cx or cs series) modular power supply(go the 750w models) and go gtx 970 or r9 390 but i would go gtx 970 as i am a nvidia fanboy.

Boo Fanboys!

Night Theme User

Just now, Charcoal_ said:

Boo Fanboys!

its just i have always liked evga's coolers and evga dosen't make amd cards if they did i would buy a dual gpu fiji card in one second

I'm always here to help

Anyway an EVGA 500W Beonze PSU and an R9 390 come to £300. Go for it.

Night Theme User

you can get a GTX950  and it might run on your stock power supply......  but if your going to  upgrade to like a GTX960 or a Amd equivalant you need a quality 500 watt at least ... (I do  point out quality dont cheap out on the power supply)