Unidentified moving object?

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,
1 minute ago, bobdabiulder said:

Really?  That's what I thought.  That would be the only possibility for those images, I checked.  Anyway, I would recommend my camera if you like taking pics of the night sky.  It's great for the price :D 

Yep. If you live in a very rural area with little or no light pollution, you can see meteors pretty much every night if it's clear. Any time a bit of rock or dust enters our atmosphere, it burns up and creates a "shooting star", which is a meteor. 

Last night, I used my new Sony WX500 camera to get long exposure pictures of the sky from my backyard. I used the "Heavens Above" app to find out when satellite flares would happen, and I even got a great picture of the ISS passing overhead at roughly -2mag. I was able to identify many flares that I had gotten pictures of when reviewing the pictures today. However, this where it gets odd. Some moving "things" didn't match what was supposed to show, as according to the app. Some were accidentally caught in the pictures I took, and I am sure they aren't any flare that the app showed me. What could they be? Shooting stars? Forgotten/broken satellites?  I will include two pictures taken one after the other and give all the needed info about them.  I live in Madison, WI in case you want to cross-check my work.

UNKNOWN g2.JPGUNKNOWN g2-1.JPG

Top: 25 second exposure, facing ESE.  Taken @ 9:04pm

Bottom: 15 second exposure, facing ESE.  Taken @ 9:05pm

The object appears to be heading from West to East passing almost directly overhead.  I could not see it with my eyes.

Need help deciding on building computer?  Message me, I can help decide on parts.  

that's it! you found them! you found them!!!

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

that's it! you found them! you found them!!!

#conspiracy theory

#aliensAREreal

#JustKidding

Need help deciding on building computer?  Message me, I can help decide on parts.  

Really?  That's what I thought.  That would be the only possibility for those images, I checked.  Anyway, I would recommend my camera if you like taking pics of the night sky.  It's great for the price :D 

1 minute ago, bobdabiulder said:

Yep. If you live in a very rural area with little or no light pollution, you can see meteors pretty much every night if it's clear. Any time a bit of rock or dust enters our atmosphere, it burns up and creates a "shooting star", which is a meteor. 

Wow, now I want to move 20 miles farther from Madison hahahahaha