Simple question for a simple answer about Stuttering.

I have rmaed every component in my pc except for the ram and mobo aswell as the power supply. My pc stutters like crazy on occasion. sometimes multiple times a day to once a week. im tired of it. What should i replace first out of those three things? i have done about 4 Fresh os installs, installed all drivers, Nothing has worked, i am ready to do another RMA.

| CPU: Core i7-4790K  |  Motherboard:  MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150  |  CPU Cooler:  NZXT Kraken X61 |
| GPU: Single 8GB EVGA GTX 1070 FTW |  RAMCorsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz |  CaseCorsair 330R Titanium Edition

What occassion or program does it specifically stutter?

List all your computer components (including USB devices).

List all the programs you installed and using.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

Just now, rcarlos243 said:

What occassion or program does it specifically stutter?

List all your computer components (including USB devices).

List all the programs you installed and using.

Just what component should i replace? I have already troubleshooted this. What component should be rma first?> 

| CPU: Core i7-4790K  |  Motherboard:  MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150  |  CPU Cooler:  NZXT Kraken X61 |
| GPU: Single 8GB EVGA GTX 1070 FTW |  RAMCorsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz |  CaseCorsair 330R Titanium Edition

1 minute ago, Vengeance_K1ng said:

Just what component should i replace? I have already troubleshooted this. What component should be rma first?> 

Well you clearly haven't troubleshooted it yet, otherwise you would know the root cause of the issue.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

1 minute ago, Allshevski said:

Maybe it's software thing? Lol.

its not, What should i rma?

Just now, Vengeance_K1ng said:

It is.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

1 minute ago, rcarlos243 said:

Well you clearly haven't troubleshooted it yet, otherwise you would know the root cause of the issue.

Nothing is causing it as i have rmaed everything and i only have the mobo and ram left to do.

Nothing is causing it as i have rmaed everything and i only have the mobo and ram left to do.

How are you absolutely positively 100% sure nothing is causing it?

There could be a million things that is causing it and you haven't provided us with anything to be able to diagnose what is causing it.

Making an assumption is the biggest rookie mistake of any computer technician.

19 minutes ago, Vengeance_K1ng said:

Man, I would change the PSU.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

Why would you take the time to RMA most of your components when you have no idea why it's happening? How did the RMA's even get approved if you have no evidence of a product failure (physical or otherwise)?

Also, what are the actual symptoms? "stuttering like crazy" is an abstract way of stating a potential problem with any component. You need to be way more specific. Does the OS hang when doing certain tasks? Can you reproduce the problem consistently? How do you reproduce it?

If I had to place a bet on what is wrong with the system my first guess would be HDD/SSD misconfiguration, failure, or OS corruption based on "stuttering like crazy" symptoms. Of course that assumes your CPU isn't downclocking due to thermal throttling, improper C-states, voltage droop, etc. etc.

Do some due-diligence in trying to reproduce the problem and get some metrics on the system status when it is happening (clock speed, temps, active software, etc.). No one is going to take the time to try and help if you can't take the time to provide details of the problem.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |