1200$ budget Pc build plan How does this look

one thing that will cause issue is your springing for a high end unlocked processor on a motherboard chipset that does not have overclocking. second you really dont need the top of the line skylake processor you could settle for something a bit less and get a better gpu (which matters more in gaming) 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

get a 4790k and some DDR3 RAM so you can get a better HDD and PSU.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

6 minutes ago, QueenObama said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Fredfredyjoe4/saved/#view=gXMLrH

I want this to be awesome for a long time.

change the muddahboard to a z170a like the ASUS Z170a and change the gpu to a r9 390

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

Just now, Textosterone said:

get a 4790k and some DDR3 RAM so you can get a better HDD and PSU.

at this point haswell is equally priced to skylake so no point there 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

7 minutes ago, QueenObama said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Fredfredyjoe4/saved/#view=gXMLrH

I want this to be awesome for a long time.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($239.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.29 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($94.99 @ Micro Center) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($72.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.73 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Omega Edition Video Card  ($619.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $1225.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-02 14:29 EDT-0400

For this kind of money you really want a 980 Ti. Even though I didn't include one, you should really get an SSD.

3 minutes ago, tataklee said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($239.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.29 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($94.99 @ Micro Center) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($72.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.73 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Omega Edition Video Card  ($619.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $1225.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-02 14:29 EDT-0400

For this kind of money you really want a 980 Ti. Even though I didn't include one, you should really get an SSD.

it depends on his workload though that build is just for gaming try balance out the power 

2 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

it depends on his workload though that build is just for gaming try balance out the power 

No. Quite honestly, statements like that drive me up the wall. Unless he plans to do some video editing, there's literally no situation in which your build would give the OP better performance than mine. 

People around here mostly want gaming systems. An i7 with a R9 390 is simply a poor choice if you could get an unlocked i5 and a 980 Ti for the same price. The Kraken is a waste of money and the P2 is a much better PSU.

People asking for help here want the best performance for their hard earned money. Not some gibberish about "balanced builds" and "overkill GPUs".

5 minutes ago, tataklee said:

No. Quite honestly, statements like that drive me up the wall. Unless he plans to do some video editing, there's literally no situation in which your build would give the OP better performance than mine. 

People around here mostly want gaming systems. An i7 with a R9 390 is simply a poor choice if you could get an unlocked i5 and a 980 Ti for the same price. The Kraken is a waste of money and the P2 is a much better PSU.

People asking for help here want the best performance for their hard earned money. Not some gibberish about "balanced builds" and "overkill GPUs".

he wanted futureproofing for his build so that is why i got him an i7 6700k i wouldve considered a haswell e build since it has more cores and threads but those cores are not a fast as the skylake i7 cores. now obviously the 980ti would kill the r9 390, that's a given. the cooler is for him to have well i guess bragging rights? and for if he wants to get into overclocking. in terms of gaming performance you build would obviously kill my build that's a given. but in terms of video editing and more workstation purposes then my build would be better. given what op had in start and him not informing us on what his applications are i assumed he wanted a high end workstation/gaming computer. which is why i tried to balance gpu and cpu power. plus that i7 cpu is going to stay relevant for years to come, just like the i7 2600K.  

1 minute ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

he wanted futureproofing for his build so that is why i got him an i7 6700k i wouldve considered a haswell e build since it has more cores and threads but those cores are not a fast as the skylake i7 cores. now obviously the 980ti would kill the r9 390, that's a given. the cooler is for him to have well i guess bragging rights? and for if he wants to get into overclocking. in terms of gaming performance you build would obviously kill my build that's a given. but in terms of video editing and more workstation purposes then my build would be better. given what op had in start and him not informing us on what his applications are i assumed he wanted a high end workstation/gaming computer. which is why i tried to balance gpu and cpu power. plus that i7 cpu is going to stay relevant for years to come, just like the i7 2600K.  

Fair enough. I guess I'm having a bad day.

3 minutes ago, tataklee said:

Fair enough. I guess I'm having a bad day.

christ, i can tell, getting all salty and shit 

9 hours ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

what is the pc going to be for? 

The Build is for Video editing , and i want to be able to play any game at max settings without having to worry about it for a long time.

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

Then do whatever the fuck you were going to do anyway