Cheap cooler for high (120W) thermal load

Sebiian

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a cooling solution that would keep a ~120W load below 60゜C above ambient without sounding like a hairdryer. Socket/size/original purpose doesn't matter, I want to keep the costs as low as possible.

I'm in UK so stuff with $50 postage from US doesn't work for me.

Would you be able to help me out with this? Any suggestions are welcome, thanks.

PS: It is not going into a PC - shape, mounting and size really doesn't matter.

15 minutes ago, Sebiian said:

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a cooling solution that would keep a ~120W load below 60゜C above ambient without sounding like a hairdryer. Socket/size/original purpose doesn't matter, I want to keep the costs as low as possible.

I'm in UK so stuff with $50 postage from US doesn't work for me.

Would you be able to help me out with this? Any suggestions are welcome, thanks.

PS: It is not going into a PC - shape, mounting and size really doesn't matter.

I mean, I´d suggest a 212 or a H7, but I don´t know if those will do well outside of cpu cooling.

Just now, huilun02 said:

So it isn't for cooling a CPU?

Wouldn't contact area be of concern?

The cooled object is roughly 4x4cm flat square, it shouldn't be a problem.

4 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

I mean, I´d suggest a 212 or a H7, but I don´t know if those will do well outside of cpu cooling.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm sure they would be fine, especially H7, but that's setting me back 30 or 50 British pesos, I was more inclined to go for one of these cheap Chinese stuff like: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Dual-Fan-CPU-Quiet-Cooler-Heatsink-for-Intel-LGA775-1156-AMD-/151715733435?hash=item2352f65fbb:g:RAgAAOSwT5tWGcul - I'm sure it won't be as quiet or efficient, but beats paying 4x the price, and as I said I'm not so concerned about the noise.

9 minutes ago, Sebiian said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm sure they would be fine, especially H7, but that's setting me back 30 or 50 British pesos, I was more inclined to go for one of these cheap Chinese stuff like: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Dual-Fan-CPU-Quiet-Cooler-Heatsink-for-Intel-LGA775-1156-AMD-/151715733435?hash=item2352f65fbb:g:RAgAAOSwT5tWGcul - I'm sure it won't be as quiet or efficient, but beats paying 4x the price, and as I said I'm not so concerned about the noise.

Ah, didn´t realize they were so expensive for you.

3 hours ago, Sebiian said:

Deepcool sells solid coolers. But I'm not sure if that small cooler can adequately cool whatever you're planning to cool.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case