WAN Show Audio Buzz

KingEurope

Hey everyone. As you can probably see, I'm not that frequent on the forums (... at all), so apologies if this has already been brought up in another thread (I did do a quick search first).

In every WAN Show since at least the new office there has been a buzzing noise persistent in the background of the podcast. This is in both the video and the Soundcloud versions.

I don't know if this is just me, but it makes the podcast itself a little difficult to listen to. It's not a huge issue, but the buzz is pretty high pitched and annoying.

I'm probably not saying anything new, and I appreciate the challenges of producing stuff like the WAN Show. I really enjoy the show, but I've missed quite a few episodes now just because of the audio quality.

Just throwing the feedback out there.

Server Room

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

It'a the server room, stop paying such attention

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

Ahh, that explains it, thanks.

Although audio quality is pretty important in a podcast... I'm pretty certain Linus himself has quoted the "good audio is more important than good video" term. If the camera was completely out of focus I could ignore it, but a high pitched whurr in the background is pretty fatiguing and hard to tune out.

I can't imagine how they'd resolve it though short of something unrealistic like moving the entire set or shutting down the server. That's unfortunate, I hope they figure out some solution though.

I think they should put some sound dampening there.

Woo!