Microsoft to begin phasing out Bing following next Windows 10 update.

wyattzx

latest?cb=20101019022831

Microsoft has announced that it plans to phase out its search engine "Bing" following the next major Windows 10 update, in a move the company cites as "a stepping stone towards a better future for consumers." In an interview with Microsoft's sales spokesperson Eric Ligman, he mentions "Bing has never been fully realized as a tool," and "it never offered users the features that Microsoft is known for." Ligman continued, stating that "this does not mean Bing will disappear. Rather, we're giving users the option to use it, and hiding it if they wish to use another search engine." The next update for Windows 10 will now have the Bing bar hidden by default, and upon opening Microsoft Edge for the first time, it will prompt you which search engine you wish to use by default, among other changes.

Source: Anandtech

Thoughts?
(I really hope April Fools jokes are allowed here oh my god.)

oh hell yes i fucking hated bing. google is always superior in every fucking way.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Hilarious and original.

So the April Fools tag and my message at the bottom wasn't enough? :P

oh i so wished this was so fucking true. bing is an absolute garbage piece of shit.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D