is the Cooler Master Hyper212 EVO a good cooler?

TheMalo

i'm a little bit skeptical about the cooler master hyper 212 evo; is it good or should i go with the Corsair Hydro H100i GTX?

If you have the money, go for the H100i!

I say jiggly-bytes when I see "GB".

It goes down better than you would expect.

Depends, 212 evo gives you more value per dollar but H100i has much more cooling capacity. For non-overclocking scenario, I would choose 212 evo, you can even run it passive and don't worry about the temperatures. 

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

I find the 212 is good enough for its size and price class. The water coolers are in another league though. In my room I have two i7-6700k sytems. One has the 212 Evo, I've actually limited it to 4 GHz (no turbo), and under Prime95-like load it is running high 60's. My other one at 4.2 GHz has the H110i GTX is running mid 50's.

In case anyone wonders why I'm not overclocking, they're limited by ram bandwidth in my main use.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Alienware AW3225QF (32" 240 Hz OLED)
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, iiyama ProLite XU2793QSU-B6 (27" 1440p 100 Hz)
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Just now, Allshevski said:

Depends, 212 evo gives you more value per dollar but H100i has much more cooling capacity. For non-overclocking scenario, I would choose 212 evo, you can even run it passive and don't worry about the temperatures. 

eh i wouldn't say you can run it passive

Just now, Sanderman135 said:

The 212 evo is a great cooler for the money, but why would you compare a $30 air cooler to a $100+ water cooler?

because at the beginning thought it was a good idea to go whit the H100i but then i started to se people saying that the 212 evo was great to save some money and get a good cooling

4 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

eh i wouldn't say you can run it passive

Well, I do with a case fan 5 centimeters away and never got over 80 degrees when stress testing in p95.

EDIT: Well, only 4, whatevs.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

Just now, TheMalo said:

because at the beginning thought it was a good idea to go whit the H100i but then i started to se people saying that the 212 evo was great to save some money and get a good cooling

It depends. What CPU are you trying to cool  and how high are you overclocking it? 

4 minutes ago, Sanderman135 said:

It depends. What CPU are you trying to cool  and how high are you overclocking it? 

I'm going to cool down the intel 6600k and i'm not going to keep it overclocked all the time but just when i'll need it to play some heavy games

Just now, TheMalo said:

I'm going to cool down the intel 6600k and i'm not going to keep it overclocked all the time but just when i'll need it to play some heavy games

Then the 212 Evo should be fine, the only complaint i have about it is that it's not very quiet but it's by no means loud.