8TB HDD not working with external 3.0 case?

Hi guys, I have a big issue, i bought a Segate Archive 8TB internal drive, however I bought also a Tooq Easydata series USB 3.0 2-3,5" Case with its own power supply, the thing is that my drive works perfectly via SATA 3 in my pc but when I put it on this case it just doesn't work, it conects and disconects to the pc all the time, any thoughts? I've tried other USB 3.0 ports but nothing...

I looked it up and the maximum supported drive size is 2TB. That could be your problem. 

48 minutes ago, Kratos said:

Hi guys, I have a big issue, i bought a Segate Archive 8TB internal drive, however I bought also a Tooq Easydata series USB 3.0 2-3,5" Case with its own power supply, the thing is that my drive works perfectly via SATA 3 in my pc but when I put it on this case it just doesn't work, it conects and disconects to the pc all the time, any thoughts? I've tried other USB 3.0 ports but nothing...

I would guess that the internal SATA to USB Controller in the external case doesn't support capacities larger than 2TB (quite common for older tech), or it's simply defective/bad cable/bad connection.

Either way I would return the case, and buy something else.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, it was that, I tried a 1.5 TB and it worked thanks!