PS3 on PC monitor ?

Crowcore
Go to solution Solved by Deddie,

The PS3 comes with RCA cables, you can adapt the red and white to a 3,5 mm audio jack.

Greetings,

I am planning on getting a PS3 soon. I usually game on the PC, but there are 7 excellent console exclusive titles that I want to try out. Problem is, I don't have a TV. My PC display is a 19" 1440x900 Samsung T190. For the picture, I suppose I can simply get a HDMI DVI adapter, but how will I get the sound ? I don't see any 3,5" jack ports on photos of the PS3.

Oh, and I will be playing at only 720p, right ?

you will only play at 720p, and i have no clue about a fix for the audio, i dont have one either

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Wait for the ps4...

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

I'm sure GTA V is one of those exclusive titles lol

I'm happy to wait 6-7 months to play GTA V on the PC. 

Wait for the ps4...

My gaming device is a computer, so I don't need one. Unless in 5-6 years there are enough exclusive titles that I'm interested in to justify this acquisition.

Thanks Deddie.

The PS3 comes with RCA cables, you can adapt the red and white to a 3,5 mm audio jack.

Have you got experience on this? Just bought the ps3 with GTA V as an impulse buy without checking the specs, if it included a heaphone port wich it didn't. silly me :-(

Is it just an adapter like this one? http://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Splitter-3-5mm-Audio-Adapter/dp/B0009JFF7A/ref=pd_ys_iyr108

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 (Corsair H60 with a Noctua NF-F12 Fan) - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) - RAM:  4 GB kingston, and 8 GB kingston hyperx blu @ 1333 MHz - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660ti OC edition SSD: 256 GB Plextor MP5-Pro - Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363d - Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black -  Cooled by 2 Noctua NF-S12A Fans      Peripherals:ACER B243PWLAymdr IPS Panel - 1920*1200 - ACER S222HQL LCD Panel - 1920*1080 - Corsair M45 on a XFX Warpad - Typing on a Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Brown - Green LED - Racing with my Logitech G27 Racing wheel - other games Logitech F710

Have you got experience on this? Just bought the ps3 with GTA V as an impulse buy without checking the specs, if it included a heaphone port wich it didn't. silly me :-(

Is it just an adapter like this one? http://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Splitter-3-5mm-Audio-Adapter/dp/B0009JFF7A/ref=pd_ys_iyr108

Yes I've got experience and but I used something like this: http://www.amazon.com/C2G-Cables-40645-Stereo-Adapter/dp/B000J1H4VI/ref=pd_sim_e_10

How the heck can you plug your mini jack into a male end?

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 (Corsair H60 with a Noctua NF-F12 Fan) - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) - RAM:  4 GB kingston, and 8 GB kingston hyperx blu @ 1333 MHz - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660ti OC edition SSD: 256 GB Plextor MP5-Pro - Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363d - Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black -  Cooled by 2 Noctua NF-S12A Fans      Peripherals:ACER B243PWLAymdr IPS Panel - 1920*1200 - ACER S222HQL LCD Panel - 1920*1080 - Corsair M45 on a XFX Warpad - Typing on a Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Brown - Green LED - Racing with my Logitech G27 Racing wheel - other games Logitech F710

An expensive option would be to buy a motherboard that has hdmi pass-through for consoles perhaps?

"if by "bass" you mean wet farts then yes, those are the razer crapkens"

An expensive option would be to buy a motherboard that has hdmi pass-through for consoles perhaps?

What's a HDMI pass-through ? 

Oh, I didn't know this existed. But it's not an option, as your monitor has to be wired to the modo, therego no GPU. And you need a special mainboard^^. I'd say a simple 5USD DVI HDMI adapter is the way to go^^. And I'll run my display on VGA for a couple of months, no big deal with 1440x900.

Make sure your Monitor supports HDCP or else you won't see anything on the screen. I once planned on plugging in my PS3 to my PC Monitor using a HDMI to DVI Adapter with no luck of getting any display. Turns out my Monitor doesn't support HDCP. Not sure how to get around that..