FX-8320 vs FX-6350

So i'm building a new pc and was searching for a processor. Im on a budget so i decided to go for an AMD build. These 2 CPUs are About the same price and i dont know which one to get. I'll be doing 1080p gaming with R9 380. 

Thanks

you should look for an intel i5-4460/4590 or i5-6400/6500 instead...the AMD CPU's are old, inneficient and slow and there is no point building one at this time the AM3+ socket is old and lacking modern technologies and the AMD FX CPU,s have very low per core performance which will hit your performance a lot.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Well the 8320 is going to be better at stock, but the 6320 is going to better for OCing. The 8 vs 6 cores fight is moot due to most games not being able to fully utilize that many cores (yet). Both run at around 3.5 so really, I would say it's a price preference here. As well obviously 8 cores draws more power, by like 35W or something, so that should be considered too. Most people will advise you to just go intel as the AM3+ socket is getting a bit dated.

4 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

you should look for an intel i5-4460/4590 or i5-6400/6500 instead...the AMD CPU's are old, inneficient and slow and there is no point building one at this time the AM3+ socket is old and lacking modern technologies and the AMD FX CPU,s have very low per core performance which will hit your performance a lot.

This is my fist PC build so i dont want to spend that much

thanks anyway

7 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

I agree with this. An i3 6100 will beat the 6xxx and 8xxx in most games for the same price (or cheaper in the case of the 8xxx). It will also do it at 50% of the TDP. Unless you are on an EXTREME budget where the competition is the FX4130 vs a Pentium AMD isnt really a good option for games

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

7 minutes ago, Mikius10001 said:

Well the 8320 is going to be better at stock, but the 6320 is going to better for OCing. The 8 vs 6 cores fight is moot due to most games not being able to fully utilize that many cores (yet). Both run at around 3.5 so really, I would say it's a price preference here. As well obviously 8 cores draws more power, by like 35W or something, so that should be considered too. Most people will advise you to just go intel as the AM3+ socket is getting a bit dated.

I considered i3 6100 but im a bit afraid of the two Cores. Won't it hurt my performance? 

I considered i3 6100 but im a bit afraid of the two Cores. Won't it hurt my performance?

3 minutes ago, jedinym said:

If it was a dual-core from same age as FX, then yes. But i3 6100 performs almost exactly the same as FX-8350.

i3 6100 2-core/4thread = AMD FX-8350 8-core in performance.

16 minutes ago, Mikius10001 said:

Why is the FX 6350 better for overclocking?

nevermind, you made a typo, you meatn the 8320

4 minutes ago, jedinym said:

It is hyperthreaded so as much as there are only 2 physical cores, software treats it as 4 cores so you get none of the compatability issues sometimes experienced in duals. The i3s single core performance is about 90% better than the FX-6XXX in testing which is what really matters in most games. Unless you are doing high volumes of encoding there is no point in going for an FX-8XXX as the i3 beats in in every other field. FX-6XXX was good on release but it hasnt been updated in ~5 years and even the entry level intel chips are pulling well ahead of it.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

2 minutes ago, CtrlAltELITE said:

It is hyperthreaded so as much as there are only 2 physical cores, software treats it as 4 cores so you get none of the compatability issues sometimes experienced in duals. The i3s single core performance is about 90% better than the FX-6XXX in testing which is what really matters in most games. Unless you are doing high volumes of encoding there is no point in going for an FX-8XXX as the i3 beats in in every other field. FX-6XXX was good on release but it hasnt been updated in ~5 years and even the entry level intel chips are pulling well ahead of it.

plus the core i3 is on a modern platform with DDR4 and an insane upgrade path for the future so that you don't need to replace RAM and motherboard next time your need more performance OP...it's also worlds more energy efficient and will run under the provided heatsink without issues unlike the AMD cooler which is barely enough and very loud (aftermarket cooling and strong motherboard highly recommended for amd FX cpu's).

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

5 minutes ago, jedinym said:

Thanks a Lot guys ! 

i would recommend you go post into the ''new build and planning'' section of the forum to get more help finding the best parts for your money...also you should read this thread before posting so that you can provide the most useful informations about your situation for your new computer:

1 hour ago, jedinym said:

That CPU has hyper threading (I believe), giving it 2 physical cores and 2 digital cores, so it's practically a 4 core. most games only use 2 cores or so, and you could get a new CPU on the same socket in the future where as with AM3+ fx 8350 is pretty much the best you'll be able to get. (9590 is a 8350, just overclocked)

10 minutes ago, jett473 said:

That CPU has hyper threading (I believe), giving it 2 physical cores and 2 digital cores, so it's practically a 4 core. most games only use 2 cores or so, and you could get a new CPU on the same socket in the future where as with AM3+ fx 8350 is pretty much the best you'll be able to get. (9590 is a 8350, just overclocked)

Not 'two virtual cores'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvkDKucAI1M

Any PSU is modular if you try hard enough....