Build I'm thinking of creating

Hello there community! I was just wondering if you guys could let me know if this build I have made is any good. Now I am not a computer noob, I am fairly familiar with most computer parts; although this is my first ever computer build. So yeah, I would love any helpful input and I can't wait to hear back from you guys. 

Link to computer build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jztc3C 

3 minutes ago, SpeakerForTheDead said:

Hello there community! I was just wondering if you guys could let me know if this build I have made is any good. Now I am not a computer noob, I am fairly familiar with most computer parts; although this is my first ever computer build. So yeah, I would love any helpful input and I can't wait to hear back from you guys. 

Link to computer build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jztc3C 

1. Get an R9 390/x if you can over a GTX 970

2. Don't buy a CX power supply for that, get an EVGA GS/G2 or something.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

You probably don't need 32gb of ram. Use the money you saved from the ram to get a better PSU. You probably don't need all those fans. 2 3TB hard drives? Why? With the money you saved consider an all in one liquid cooler. A NZXT Kraken x61 or a Corsair 100i GTX should do the trick. 

What are you building it for? 32 gb of ram is a lot, are you sure you need it ?

Intel i7 6700k @4.6 1.330v  cooled with H110i GT // 16Gb Kingston Fury DDR4 ram @2133MHz // Rx 480 Nitro+ // 2TB + 1 TB Hdd  // 250 GbSSD // on an Asus Z170-A // powered with Corsair RM750i // all  inside a Corsair 600C

So the reason why I threw in 32gb of ram is because I just sort of wanted too. Now I've taken into account all that you guys have told me  created a new PC build. I've add some of your guys suggestions and I would love to hear what you guys have to say about it. Also I'm not very keen on putting in water cooling, so yeah.

Link to new build: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/nznW23

12 minutes ago, SpeakerForTheDead said:

Thanks ShawdowTechXTS

No problem :D

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

You said you are not willing on getting watercooling, so are you interested in overclocking the cpu ? because if you are not you could go with the non k version and at that point also a non overclockable mb

Intel i7 6700k @4.6 1.330v  cooled with H110i GT // 16Gb Kingston Fury DDR4 ram @2133MHz // Rx 480 Nitro+ // 2TB + 1 TB Hdd  // 250 GbSSD // on an Asus Z170-A // powered with Corsair RM750i // all  inside a Corsair 600C

Its not that I don't want to overclock, and that I don't want to use watercooling, its just that I don't know how to properly overclock, and I'm not confident in watercooling it myself.

I mean, the cooler they were suggesting is an all in one water cooler, what it means is that is prebuilt, you just gotta mount the cpu block on the cpu and the radiator in the case with the fans on it. About overclocking... as you can see I have a 6700k at default with a prebuilt water coller.. I'm keeping it at default right now because what I do is programming and i like the system to be quiet when I work and with the watercooler right now I can keep the fans really low on idle and then when I compile or simulate and the temps go up they go a little faster... When the compiling time or the VM's loading time will increase too much I will overclock a bit... Or at least that was what I planned on doing when I built my rig. I looked in the bios how to overclock, as long as you don't want to go with crazy overclocks it is not as complicated as it looks , most mobo will have prebuilt config for little overclocks. 

So it's up to you, the only thing is that if you don't want to get into it for any reasons, you could save on cpu and mobo, otherwise you could get a better cooler  

Okay thanks Lucaz97! I will definitely look into water cooling and see if that is something i actually want.

If you're not confident in overclocking, consider this instead. It's better-optimized on your build, but I'm going to tag a few people who know a little more than me about build optimization and the price-performance balance just to make sure. I also included a 4k monitor (as opposed to two 1080p monitors), a compact RGB backlit Kailh Blue mechanical keyboard, and the winner of Hardware Canucks' < $25 mouse shootout.

Instead of the army of SickleFlow X fans you included in your build (I have them, and they aren't great), I opted to go with the stock fan on the Thermaltake Core v21 case. Don't worry, it's a front-mounted 200mm fan and can move plenty of air without creating too much noise.

@Starelementpoke @don_svetlio

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($51.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($87.39 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.79 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($599.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Samsung U28D590D 60Hz 28.0" Monitor  ($499.99 @ Best Buy) 
Keyboard: Rosewill RGB80 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Mouse: Thermaltake TALON Blue LED Wired Optical Mouse  ($14.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $1692.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-29 18:51 EDT-0400

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

Just now, SpeakerForTheDead said:

Thanks @Aereldor! I will definitely take this into consideration! Also what would you suggest for cooling?

I edited my post and added a paragraph- 

8 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Instead of the army of SickleFlow X fans you included in your build (I have them, and they aren't great), I opted to go with the stock fan on the Thermaltake Core v21 case. Don't worry, it's a front-mounted 200mm fan and can move plenty of air without creating too much noise.

For CPU cooling, you'll be fine with the stock cooler, as the Core i5 6500 is a locked chip that doesn't run too hot at stock.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

33 minutes ago, SpeakerForTheDead said:

So the reason why I threw in 32gb of ram is because I just sort of wanted too. Now I've taken into account all that you guys have told me  created a new PC build. I've add some of your guys suggestions and I would love to hear what you guys have to say about it. Also I'm not very keen on putting in water cooling, so yeah.

Link to new build: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/nznW23

The majority of the build looks aside from the PSU. The NEX series aren't good and I would say they're mediocre at best.

I'd get this instead. Or if you want full modularity, get this.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Well you see @Aereldor I am steadfast on using the Cool Master Storm Scout 2 because I really like that case, so would you maybe perhaps have any suggestions for any fans? 

1 minute ago, SpeakerForTheDead said:

Well you see @Aereldor I am steadfast on using the Cool Master Storm Scout 2 because I really like that case, so would you maybe perhaps have any suggestions for any fans? 

I don't know much about fans, but I will say get 140mm fans instead of 120mm fans where you can. Given their larges size, they can move more air while spinning at a lower RPM, thus making them quieter. If you want specific recommendations, post in the 'Cooling' subforum. On a limb, though, anything from Noctua.